Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Made a trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-20, 04:41 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,434 Times in 816 Posts
Made a trade

Saturday I made an even up trade with a member of another forum, his 2002 Poprad for my 2003. Mine was too big for me at 55cm, and his was too small for him at 52cm. I took all the ugraded components and wheels off of my Poprad and replaced them with 9 speed Sora and wheels that were the original specs for that model. HIs 52 had the original Sora 8 speed. I also gave him a couple of bags, chainrings, tires and a spare set of wheels, Alex rims with Fulcrum hubs. Those were not part of the deal, but things I just threw in.

I drove 162 mile round trip, we met about 1/2 way, to make the trade. Both bikes are in really good shape, with his having been pulled from his neighbors "junk" pile. When I got home, I started the cleaning/rebuild process, the 6500 components, cockpit and wheels that I had taken off of the 55cm. Sunday morning I got in my first ride on the 52cm. I love the ride the Poprads provide. I had to do bit of adjusting on shifting, brakes and fit, but think I now have it right.

This trade has been a winner for both of us. The Poprad he got for free is in great shape with just a few scratches and scrapes, no dents/dings. The 8 speed Sora, except for the crankset, I will use on my Fuji Ace beater that has a triple on the front. The Poprad he now has, is also in great shape and had been powder coated by the original owner that I purchased if from. We now both have Poprads that fit! If only these kind of things could be this easy, and work out so well, more often.

52cm Poprad I acquired after rebuilding with 6500 and other components I had on the 55.

The 55cm I traded before switching out components

We
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 09-09-20, 05:42 AM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Well done!