Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

race in 2 weeks... what kind of training?

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-05, 08:26 PM
rangerdave1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I am a 21 year old mountain biker. I live in Ontario, Canada and want to participate in the 2006 MTB Ontario Cup which is a series of 7 or so races. I haven’t raced in many years now and want to race in the last 2005 Ontario cup which is in about 2 weeks from now. I don’t have any training habits right now. All I do is just ride for fun and workout at a gym. I don’t want to get in last place during this race. What would be the best 2 week training schedule for me? I am a 21 year old male, 5’10”, 180lbs and in decent shape. I’m not expecting to do good in this race but I might as well train for the next 2 weeks. Any tips would be great! Thanks in advance!

Dave G.
Old 09-03-05, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Yeah. Don't push it. And pray, cause there's not a lot you can do at this point except hope you don't get injured between now and the race.

Next time, train better. For now, good luck!

Koffee

Old 09-04-05, 11:22 AM
Hhowdy
I survived lotoja

Bikes: Kona Dawg-Deelux, Raliegh Competition

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy,
Just relax and go have fun, it could be a good experience for next years race season.

M.R.
Old 09-08-05, 08:36 AM
rangerdave1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well, i'm abvioulsy too late for any trainning. lol. i'm just gonna go have a fun race! after all, it should be for fun! thanks for the responses.

Dave G.