Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Has anyone heard of Thinkrider trainers?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-19, 08:24 PM
rideon123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently sighted on a pretty cheap yet seemingly sturdy power meter trainer. When I asked the guys, they gave me a 50 dollars coupon too, so I will end only playing like 450. Has anyone used it or heard of it, would love to have some feedback before I purchase. Thanks. kev.
Old 01-12-19, 09:53 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 3,999 Times in 2,668 Posts
Never seen or heard of them but the first link on the googles was to the youtubes and the second was in Chinese or Taiwanese characters so my confidence isn't super high. Plus the picture looks like it is a cheap Wahoo knockoff so my confidence keeps going further down.

The price seems too high for cheap knockoff junk and too low for a quality smart trainer. Cycleops, Blackburn, Minoura, Tacx, Wahoo, Kurt Kinetic and Elite all make fine trainers that are usually well reviewed or known quantities, go with one of them. If you want rollers, Kreitler supposedly makes the best but Feedback Sports, Blackburn and Minoura make some hybrids that hook your wheel at the front which would be a little bit of both worlds. This trainer however goes on my don't buy list. If you want to start a company to make bike trainers, go for it but to basically steal someone else's design and slap your logo on it is just wrong.
Old 01-12-19, 10:07 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Hmm, let’s see...
Product name? Check.
Price/quality reference? Check.
Mentioned the discount coupon? Check.

Solid effort on the shill post! Well played!

-Kedosto
Old 01-12-19, 10:51 PM
Nermal

Bikes: Giant Cypress SX

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
You forgot to mention 'post count = 1'
and join date 'today'
Old 01-13-19, 07:14 PM
rideon123

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Never seen or heard of them but the first link on the googles was to the youtubes and the second was in Chinese or Taiwanese characters so my confidence isn't super high. Plus the picture looks like it is a cheap Wahoo knockoff so my confidence keeps going further down.

The price seems too high for cheap knockoff junk and too low for a quality smart trainer. Cycleops, Blackburn, Minoura, Tacx, Wahoo, Kurt Kinetic and Elite all make fine trainers that are usually well reviewed or known quantities, go with one of them. If you want rollers, Kreitler supposedly makes the best but Feedback Sports, Blackburn and Minoura make some hybrids that hook your wheel at the front which would be a little bit of both worlds. This trainer however goes on my don't buy list. If you want to start a company to make bike trainers, go for it but to basically steal someone else's design and slap your logo on it is just wrong.
thank you for this comment