Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Javelin Amarone carbon frame - help

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-19, 07:21 AM
medic75

Bikes: '19 Trek Stache 5, '17 DB Hannjo Trail, '09 Scott CR1 Pro, Schwinn Central commuter, '16 DB El Oso

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 29 Posts

A quick background story - my primary bike is a gravel bike & I am now looking for a road bike. I have no intention of racing, but I am looking to rack up some miles while getting a little more speed than my gravel bike can easily provide. So here is the question:

I have found what I believe to be a decent deal on an older carbon fiber road bike. It is a Javelin Amarone frame. The year is unknown, but I am guessing it is at least a 2006. Many of the components are still unknown, but it seems to be a SRAM Force groupset. I am unable to find anything online about this frame other than the transition from aluminum to CF in 2006. In the limited photos available, it appears not to have too much of an aggressive design, which is exactly what I am looking for. Who can tell me anything about this frame, it's geometry, & ride? Thanks.