Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Cateye mount for that weird Giant Conduct front end?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-19, 11:16 AM
ericzamora
junior

Bikes: 2020 Surly ECR / 2018 Norco Search XR steel gravel bike with GRX / 1983 Bianchi Campione D'Italia / Gary Fisher Wingra / Motobecane Nomade mixte (daughter's)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

My friend just bought a Giant Revolt 3 Advanced gravel bike. She also bought a Cateye Padrone bike computer. The Cateye came with a simple cheap option to mount to the stem or handlebar. Chintzy.

The Giant bike came with the Conduct Accessory Adapter Pack for out-front mounting of various fun things, including a GoPro mount, headlight, and 3-4 other mount adapters, all listed for various Garmin models (Edge 500/800/1000). Nothing for Cateye.

Giant Conduct Accessory Adapter Pack

Has anybody managed to find an adapter of sorts? Any success in mounting a Cateye bike computer to the Giant Conduct out-front mount?

I'm wondering if something like this may work.
https://www.amazon.com/VGEBY1-Comput.../dp/B07PBBLLNB
Press in, shave/trim as necessary, glue. Description says 3.2mm diameter. I'm measuring an opening of 3.15mm on the Conduct Mount, but my tape or eyes could be off.
Help? Thanks!

eric/fresno, ca.