Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Close to a double century

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 06:40 PM
Hhowdy
I survived lotoja

Bikes: Kona Dawg-Deelux, Raliegh Competition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Howdy,
In a week and a day we will be riding in the LOTOJA classic 206 miles of mountains. I've trained hard, about 30 miles a day 5 days a week with a century or more and so good climbs, 4000 vertical in less than 15 miles each weekend. Last weekend we did two canyons for a tota; of about 7000 vertical.
So my question is:
What do you suggest for a training program for the last 8 days before the race. We're going to a flat 50 miler tomorrow and maybe a good climb but after that I'm not sure what to do.
Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Thanks M.R.
Old 09-02-05, 07:10 PM
suzyultra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do double iron distances and usually crosstrain up to 5 days before then light training just to keep my spinning legs. Definately quality sleep is very important and good nutrition . It sounds as if you have put in the miles and time do not spoil your condition by doing a great work load in the last week.relax do some swimming hydrate carbo load and sleep!!! Good Luck.
Old 09-05-05, 08:13 PM
Hhowdy
I survived lotoja

Bikes: Kona Dawg-Deelux, Raliegh Competition

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy,
Very Good, I'll take your advice. We did a big climb today, I'll commute Tue-Thurs, Friday is a travel day and Saturday is the big event.
Thanks for your response, I'll let you know how it goes.

M.R.