Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

What is this part?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

What is this part?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-11, 05:44 PM
rat fink
Iconoclast

Bikes: Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Sirrus (road)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is this part?

It says "Heim" on it, (like the one by e*thirteen), has no other identifying marks. It looks to be compatible with multiple bolt patterns. I know it's a bash, but what brand is it? What should it fit?

I'm just trying to clear out my parts bins, and I'm stuck on this one. Thanks guys.

Old 10-27-11, 06:08 PM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Heim Super D universal-fit bashguard. Was made by John Heim, owner of Montara Designs. He also invented the Heim 3-guide (shiftable lower chainguide that worked with all 3 rings. The Super-D bashguard was also designed to bolt on so that all three rings could still be used. As you noted, e.thirteen bought Heim out.

Last edited by dminor; 10-27-11 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-27-11, 10:15 PM
rat fink
Iconoclast

Bikes: Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper, Specialized Sirrus (road)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks! Had a feeling you'd know, D. Is it any good? Would it be okay with you if I used that information in an Ebay auction?
Old 10-27-11, 10:31 PM
dminor 
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I can't say whether that specific one is any good; its function is the same as the old Girvin Rock Ring, Blackspire Big Ring Protector or QBP's Tooth Fairy Engagement Ring. I had a Tooth Fairy and it did what it was supposed to. I will say that I though John Heim was a pretty resourceful fabricator and that his 3-Guide was a cool product.

If you mean using the Lee Likes Bikes info, yeah - - just be sure to credit him.