Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Still cannot report spam!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-19, 06:48 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
For now you will have to PM staff and link to the spam in question. NOTE that is there is no error message due to the foreign characters issue, you should be able to report it normally, only PM if that doesn't work.

PS When you use the URL of the spam the characters will appear as the URL is replaced by a link with the thread title. Don't worry as that will link for staff.
Old 12-10-19, 09:37 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
We updated the settings to ban foreign characters in titles, as well. So hopefully this problem has come to an end!

Note: The "spam" thread in this forum is from our QA team when they were testing.
Old 12-10-19, 10:48 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18375 Post(s)
Liked 4,510 Times in 3,352 Posts
Bicycle dérailleur das Mädchen

I haven't looked at it, but one might verify that umlauts and accents are allowed, at least at this time. Usually one can work around them a bit, but so far they don't seem to be a problem.

Testing Uno Dos Tres
Bicycle dérailleur
das Mädchen
I.E. Hopefully not too European-centric, but allowing a minimal amount of on-topic English/Spanish/French/Italian/German/etc, at least until those languages become an issue.

Edit:
so far, so good.