Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Crippleware (okay, "Mobile") mode kicks in by itself

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 01-14-20, 08:47 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Liked 1,727 Times in 1,179 Posts

Hmm, this MAY be related to the "Latest update" thread that CliffordK and JohnDThompson are contributing to, but perhaps not. This is something that appears to have just started happening the last couple days. I'm running Firefox on Windows 7. On a computer. With a keyboard. So I'll be on a screen -- any screen, a thread, a section, my control panel, whatever -- and literally with NO input, the display will change to what is apparently "mobile" mode. There are almost no English word cues on anything. I had to guess that a bunch of little horizontal dashed was a menu of some sort; this allowed me to "Use full site", which returned the display to one more sane to use with a computer.

This has happened twice now. In both cases, it was, again, with NO user input. I have the page open, step away (for several minutes in one case, several hours in the other), switch back to the page, and it has the crippled look.

Is there a way, per user, to permanently disable any possibility of using this "mode"? I'll never use the Internet with anything but a computer. This option is and will always be useless to me. It would be ideal if it simply didn't exist as long as I'm logged in; that way, no mysterious refresh or the like can allow it to creep in again.
Old 01-14-20, 09:15 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
I would clear your cookies and cache for this site and see if it continues to happen. For future reference on other sites, "three horizontal lines" is almost the universal symbol for a menu.
Old 01-19-20, 01:14 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
The "three horizontal lines" are called the "hamburger", for future reference.
Likes For Bah Humbug:
Old 01-19-20, 01:17 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18319 Post(s)
Liked 4,487 Times in 3,337 Posts
I'd go to your control panel and check disk usage, memory usage, swap usage, and CPU usage.

Let us know what you're seeing.