Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New guy from western New York state.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-19, 11:54 AM
Geezerdan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi...75 year old guy from beautiful Medina NY on the banks of the Erie canal about half way between buffalo and rochester. Have been lurking around site for almost a year. Own a new to me trek 7200, bought for a fair price from lbs in buffalo. They put on a new cassette, chain and front tire. Very happy with what I got. Interesting that i got a better deal from lbs than anything I saw on cl or ebay. have been riding about an hour two times a week, looking forward to spring to get out more and longer. I visit this site almost every day, learned a lot but still learning. Thanks to all contributors.
Old 11-26-19, 04:46 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked 1,435 Times in 817 Posts
Glad to have you join BikeForums. I get more from bicycling than any other activity in my life. I became a member of BF a couple of years ago and it has truly increased my enjoyment and knowledge of bikes. I bought some tools not long after becoming a member and started learning how to do the maintenance/mechanics of bicycles. I just started a new project, rebuilding a 2001 Lemond Tourmalet. Over this past weekend I took everything off the bike, down to just the frame and fork, Yesterday and today I started the stripping of the paint and decals. I still have a bit more work to do on that, but should be finished tomorrow. Still undecided on how to refinish the frame and fork. No hurry, I still have to make time to ride.
Old 11-26-19, 05:32 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Welcome.. from another "mature" member. Born and raised in N.Y. myself, though a long way from you. Left in '66 thanks to my "Uncle's" pressing need for my assistance. Looked up your bike.. nice. Enjoy it and stick around.
Old 11-27-19, 08:40 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3238 Post(s)
Liked 2,084 Times in 1,180 Posts
Welcome to BF from a fellow NY’er, though about as far away from you and still be in NY.

Pretty country you live in, I did a lot of riding a few years ago just south of you down in the Dansville area, really nice area.

I do feel sorry though that you’re in a snowy area.

Hang out, ask questions, and welcome.

SB