Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi L'Eroica

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-19, 05:36 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Bianchi L'Eroica

I haven't ever seen a used one for sale on Ebay (I'm sure they have been, I've just not noticed), so when this popped up I was interested to see how it would go. I have always wondered how well these hold their value considering the expensive entry fee.

Not very well, it appears: $530 Bianchi L'Eroica

Bike looks near-new, the paint is flawless - I don't know the exact original specs, but it sounds like the bar may have been replaced but most everything else is the same?

Somebody got a real deal (saved over $2000) - I wonder if they hang around here?

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 11-30-19 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-30-19, 09:27 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Someone got a great deal.
Likes For cb400bill:
Old 11-30-19, 09:33 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3803 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

The eleven or twelve cm stem looks longer than would have been OEM.

Member Oldairhead is sure to be able to make comment. He has ridden his example in multiple events, IIRC.

-----
Old 11-30-19, 10:05 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Verrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting.......................................
Old 12-01-19, 06:11 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
WOW Someone really got deal. Frankly I thought these looked about $3200 over priced new. I wish I could find deal like that on a Dolomiti

https://www.bianchiusa.com/archives/...intage/eroica/

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 12-01-19, 08:23 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 1,203 Posts
Ueah, somebody got the Steal Of The Day on that one. Nicely finished limited edition handbuilt frameset with a new but well integrated 10 speed vintage looking component set. That's a VERY capable bicycle.
Old 12-01-19, 08:52 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 2,271 Times in 1,273 Posts
A sign of the depressed used bike market right now. I saw a 70’s Stella on Craigslist that needed some love but still a nice bike with Campy NR components and Campy dropouts for $80. It took a few days to sell it even after I put a shout out on the Classic Rendevous site. I have been trying to sell my friends 1974 P13 Paramount for a while and only got a few nibbles at $600 . Offers came in at $300 and I told him to hold on to it. Good time to buy, bad time to sell. Joe
Old 12-01-19, 11:49 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
A sign of the depressed used bike market right now. I saw a 70’s Stella on Craigslist that needed some love but still a nice bike with Campy NR components and Campy dropouts for $80. It took a few days to sell it even after I put a shout out on the Classic Rendevous site. I have been trying to sell my friends 1974 P13 Paramount for a while and only got a few nibbles at $600 . Offers came in at $300 and I told him to hold on to it. Good time to buy, bad time to sell. Joe
Are you sure that wasn't just a case of someone not knowing what they had? I see ridiculous prices for stuff here in No East Hoosier.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 12-01-19, 03:02 PM
Kabuki12

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Are you sure that wasn't just a case of someone not knowing what they had? I see ridiculous prices for stuff here in No East Hoosier.
I too see a few bikes for not realistic prices. I see a lot more bikes actually selling for prices like this Bianchi Eroica , way too cheap imho. A few years ago I had a beautiful Centurion Elite RS that was like new that sold in a couple of days for $300 , no negotiating! Today , I think it would sell for about $120 in Southern California. There are , of course , always exceptions . I just see a very down trend in classic bike values right now. Joe
Old 12-01-19, 03:37 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
I just see a very down trend in classic bike values right now.
Exactly - and this modern classic is a good example of that, too. I also realize I was off on my original price quote as BG has reminded me that the price was over $3k, so an even better deal for the new owner

I may still sell a bike or two down the road, but I have to admit I'm happy with the size of my collection and don't need to sell anything - and not interesting in buying any more bikes, either. Too bad, I guess, because it seems to be a good time to begin putting a collection together relatively inexpensively!

DD
Old 12-01-19, 04:31 PM
smurfy

Bikes: Classic lugged-steel road, touring, shopping, semi-recumbent, gravel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 32 Posts
It seems nobody wants the old stuff just the new stuff. I have a lugged-steel full Campy Colnago I wouldn't mind selling but I doubt I would get anything for it.
Old 12-01-19, 05:53 PM
Kabuki12

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
Exactly - and this modern classic is a good example of that, too. I also realize I was off on my original price quote as BG has reminded me that the price was over $3k, so an even better deal for the new owner

I may still sell a bike or two down the road, but I have to admit I'm happy with the size of my collection and don't need to sell anything - and not interesting in buying any more bikes, either. Too bad, I guess, because it seems to be a good time to begin putting a collection together relatively inexpensively!

DD
it seems we are in the same boat. After purchasing the Medici and, with the bikes I have in the hold waiting to be built, I am good. Besides , my wife has a point about the whole “ where are we going to put them” issue.i have a shop that I work in that is 1600 sq. Ft. But even that is getting to the full point. I guess I will just enjoy the rotation of my classic steeds! Joe
Old 12-02-19, 11:53 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
OUUUUUUCH ! (for the seller )

Yipppeeeee! (for the buyer )

Looks like im not the only one who is taking the "Buy high - sell low" path to fortune and glory
Likes For DMC707:
Old 12-21-19, 01:46 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,995 Posts
it seems we are in the same boat. After purchasing the Medici and, with the bikes I have in the hold waiting to be built, I am good. Besides , my wife has a point about the whole “ where are we going to put them” issue.i have a shop that I work in that is 1600 sq. Ft. But even that is getting to the full point. I guess I will just enjoy the rotation of my classic steeds! Joe
the only guy I am aware that did well selling a Medici was Ray Dobbins.
$1,600 to France.
Due to the events swirling around the early period of the brand- they have always been depressed in value.
I benefitted when I got mine but if anything it has dropped in value.
so it goes. Good bike, just does not get love. Blessed are the poor for they can afford a Medici.
Old 12-22-19, 03:43 AM
ramzilla

This poor cousin is for sale on CL in N Florida............... (crickets).........................
Old 12-22-19, 09:05 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by ramzilla
This poor cousin is for sale on CL in N Florida............... (crickets).........................
Your Ironman is a sign of the times. What was a reasonable to low price five years ago is crickets now. Sold my last 105 bike a few weeks ago for $150 and it took a while.........

I have found the Jacksonville market to be relatively soft historically.

Those not active in the market right now may not realize how sucky it has become.

The 600 model can do somewhat better. One reason I am pruning the herd as fast as I can right now.
Old 12-22-19, 08:13 PM
ramzilla

I sold three in a row last September - October. Two old 80's Fuji Clubs and a 90's Trek Multi-Track. Got three more for sale now. Two Centurions and a Lotus. So, can't really complain too much. My only issue is that I can't buy another old beat up bike until I sell one of my shiny new refurbished ones. Plus, it seems easier to sell cheap "as-is" bikes that haven't had a thing done to them. No worries, I got a spot up in the attic where I can hang them up and forget about them for awhile.