Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of windbreaker jacket/pants in 3XLT?

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-19, 06:17 PM
williaty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

As the weather is finally turning, I'm finding that I need to start rides in just a little bit of something warm and then be able to take it off about 10 minutes into the ride, then put it back on at the end of the ride. I'd like to get one of those really lightweight windbreakers made of something like silnylon but, of course, I'm not silnylon-sized so this is a problem. Does anyone know of a bike-friendly-designed windbreaker jacket available in a 3XLT (and the T really is important) and pants in a 46" waist? I'm not having good luck turning anything up.
Old 10-05-19, 10:25 PM
ahultin

Bikes: 2003 Cannondale Jekyll 1000, 2014 Fuji Finest 1.5 (wife), 2008 Fuji Finest 1.0 (Daughter), 2012 Fuji Cross 2.0 (son), 2011 Cannondale Road Tandem 2

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by williaty
As the weather is finally turning, I'm finding that I need to start rides in just a little bit of something warm and then be able to take it off about 10 minutes into the ride, then put it back on at the end of the ride. I'd like to get one of those really lightweight windbreakers made of something like silnylon but, of course, I'm not silnylon-sized so this is a problem. Does anyone know of a bike-friendly-designed windbreaker jacket available in a 3XLT (and the T really is important) and pants in a 46" waist? I'm not having good luck turning anything up.
https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/tall...ng-jacket.html
Old 10-06-19, 07:53 PM
Mmassey338
Old guy on a bike

Bikes: Fuji “mountain” bike, Lynskey GR260 & Firefly Allroad

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
I second Aerotech. Lots of tall clothing and good quality.
Old 10-07-19, 12:41 PM
gutter007

Bikes: Trek Domane

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Amazing

I've been looking for stuff like this for ages. This is fantastic!
Old 10-07-19, 01:35 PM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
I have a pair of 3X leg warmers from Aerotech. They are actually too big, which is not a common problem for me. I also have their Endura (I think) jacket, and it's plenty toasty.
Old 10-07-19, 09:04 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
Try J&G Cycling Clothing.. Good stuff at reasonable prices. Not sure about the T part but their clothing is very full cut.

Bicycle Clothing At Its Best--and Our Bicycle Clothing Is MADE IN OREGON!

Last edited by MAK; 10-07-19 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-02-19, 03:54 PM
williaty

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
It always annoys me when I find a question like this when searching for my own answer and then the OP never comes back to say what the solution was.

I bought a 4XLT day-glo windbreaker from Aerotech Designs. It's fantastic. Fits just as I expected from the size chart and appears well made though with only a few weeks of riding on it it's hard to say. I'm trying to sort out what pants to buy from them next.