Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from the Midwest.

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from the Midwest.

Old 11-13-19, 05:28 PM
Olefeller77 

Bikes: Trek Marlin 6 29r - Scattanti road bike w carbon fork - Trek 6500 - Univega Alpina 503 - Specialized Sworks M4 made in USA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 57 Posts
Hello from the Midwest.

I enjoy riding the local bike paths that we are blessed with. I live a couple blocks from the Illinois Hennipin Canal bike path that is poorly maintained but still passable. I more enjoy the long path along the Mississippi river.
I ride a Trek Marlin 6 29r most of the time. I just turned 78 so am considering more of a fitness style for next season. Trek FX, Cannondale Sirrus, and Giant escape are the type rides I'm considering.
Most of my rides are around 50 miles or less,but hope to stretch that out a bit with better bike and tires.
My 6 yr old Great grandson William rode for a 10 mile trip on the river trail with me. I'm proud of him.
I also have a yard sale Trek 6500 That I put small tread tires on and it rides nice even with the 26" wheels. I also have a Scatanti road bike that I hope to trade in as it has drop bars I'm not so fond of.
Old 11-13-19, 06:10 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1336 Post(s)
Liked 2,469 Times in 1,445 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. We have an active 50+ forum that you may find interesting.
Old 11-13-19, 06:34 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked 6,544 Times in 3,757 Posts
Welcome!