Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Raleigh Mustang

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Raleigh Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-21, 10:17 AM
DecOD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Raleigh Mustang

I have a 4 year old Raleigh Mustang and the front forks are not threaded. Instead they have a plastic fitting attached that allow the thru-axle to be connected. This fitting was lost and I can no longer connect the wheel.

My local bike shop advised me to to go to the dealer, the dealer couldn't help and now raleigh UK ltd cant help (they say they're only a distributor. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks
Old 02-25-21, 11:16 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,595 Times in 3,781 Posts
Thread moved from General Cycling Discussion to Bike Mechanics.

Old 02-25-21, 11:54 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
If what you lost is just a piece of a larger assembly, then you might have to buy the whole assembly. There is no requirement that all the pieces parts be available for individual retail sale.

Back when computer mice came out long ago, they used a ball instead of an optical sensor. Many people took them out and bounced them around to play with. Once they lost them, they were surprised that there was no supply chain for obtaining mouse balls and they had to buy and entire mouse. And back then a mouse wasn't just a very inexpensive peripheral device.
Old 02-25-21, 12:09 PM
jimc101

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 87 Posts
Bit confused with what you have, a quick image search of the Raleigh Mustang from the last 4-5 years, all have QR axles, not thru axles, for both front and rear wheels.

Photos (you need a few more posts) of this would be really useful, in ID'ing what you have

Wondering if you actually have a Raleigh Mustang Elite? as this has thru axles, have search on ebay uk for the term Raleigh Bike Drop out Mustang Thru Axle Hanger / item 184620153371 this maybe what your looking for.
Old 02-25-21, 04:01 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Like jimc101 says the only one that shows up is the Mustang Elite. It does say that the thru axels are oversized so I'm wondering if you are talking about a spacer? If so they do make aftermarket ones.
Old 02-26-21, 03:29 AM
DecOD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the responses, especially jimc101. It is a Mustang Elite, I hadn't realised they were the only one with thru-axles. Unfortunately can't add photos yet as a new member. The 184620153371 part looks to be right. Bought now anyway and hope for the best when it arrives.
Likes For DecOD: