Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like :The Dirty Kanza". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

All City Cosmic Stallion

Old 04-09-18, 12:13 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
As I said it's "admittedly nice" steel. The fact that it's house brand remains, though. Not that "house brand" matters at all from a practical perspective...
It doesn't matter at all, since QBP/All City doesn't manufacture steel. The tubeset was probably made by Reynolds, True Temper, or one of the other companies. And it really doesn't matter which one.

To get steel of that quality with a nice full cf fork and the other components, $2600 is about right. Not a bargain, but not overpriced, either. You can find plenty of gravel bikes with cheaper steel frames (cro-moly or 725) and similar components for about $2k, and higher-quality steel just costs more. And take it from someone who owns both an 853 bike and a cro-moly bike: the former is better...Lighter and livelier, like me.
Old 06-06-18, 01:01 PM
BirdMountain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What top-tube bag is that in your pictures? I just got my Cosmic Stallion and my Banjo Brothers top-tube bag doesn't fit. The Cosmic Stallion top-tube is very slender.

Thanks!