Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Baggy Shorts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-19, 12:18 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Brand and model recommendation?

Nope,

Not home shopping channel for Amazon.. (FWIW, @ my LBS they carry Endura.. brand )

ready to walk into a shop and ask?

Cargo shorts With a bike shorts like liner built in? Or regular Cargo Shorts with separate liner shorts
or just the same bike shorts that you don't like, only, because they lack pockets

Under common cargo shorts, Maybe Boxer-Briefs work for you ? I cannot say..

I just ride in Bike shorts when riding all day, put stuff in Panniers* HB Bag, or this time of year heavy Parka (around town)

*on bike tours I hid a money belt under my clothes foiling pickpockets @ airports ..

/..

Last edited by fietsbob; 02-23-19 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-23-19, 12:52 PM
randallr

Bikes: 2017 Gunnar CrossHairs Rohloff, 2022 Detroit Bikes Cortello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 89 Posts
Maybe Timothy already got all the answers he needed, but in case not - I have a couple of pair of Fox Ranger shorts, they take (and come with) a separate inner liner. They're acceptable anywhere but formal settings - wouldn't wear them to a wedding. You can also put different liners with them if you want. They wear pretty well, kind of long but I guess all shorts are these days. I have NOT found them to catch on the saddle nose or otherwise misbehave.
Old 02-25-19, 06:40 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
Fox Attack shorts for 50% off and free shipping, $65. I have a couple pairs of these already but bought another pair anyway since the price is right.

https://www.foxracing.com/attack-sho...=en_US&start=9
Old 02-25-19, 07:54 PM
Spoonrobot 

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 116 Posts
I got a few pairs of these from Costco last spring. They're pretty nice and are unlined - just regular shorts but good fit for cycling IMO. They work well with regular bibs, liner shorts or regular underwear/compression shorts. A year in (~50 wearings) and they're not really showing much appreciable wear or fading.

Shorts Link - Amazon