Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Trek 520 frame sizing

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Trek 520 frame sizing

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-19, 01:31 AM
.M.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Trek 750 frame sizing

How are these sized? Are the center to center or center to top of seat tube? The one I have feels like a 17, but all measurements outside of C2C align more with a 19 inch from treks spec sheet. This is a 97 750 multitrack. I know I posted 520, I tried editing the title but doesn't seem to be changing.

I have had similar 720 and 730s in the past but they were earlier models and had riser vs flat bars. So I wasn't sure if maybe they made these slightly different. I would assume not, and have never had this much issue in my life. I feel like a dip.
​​​​​​
Old 12-26-19, 10:42 AM
AeroGut

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 141 Posts
According to the diagram in the 1997 track catalog, the measurements or center to top of the seat tube, not center to center.
Here’s the catalog link
https://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek-Fis...d/1997trek.pdf
Old 12-26-19, 01:07 PM
.M.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'll have to look at that on computer to slow on my phone. So you're saying center of the bb all the way to top of seat tube at the collar?

The spec sheet I have is the tech specs top tube length,, stem, standocer and so on not catalog. They say the seat tube is 17 and 19 according for that frame, but they don't say where they start measuring. I measure from top of bb shell to top of top tube it's 17, to collar it's 18. Center of bb to seat tube collar is 19 inches.
Old 12-26-19, 01:13 PM
AeroGut

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 141 Posts
Yes, center of BB to top of collar on seat tube.
Old 12-26-19, 02:17 PM
.M.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If that's accurate.. it has a way more sloped top tube and shorter then my past experiences with multiteacks. I raised the stem as high as I could cause the cables are short. And the seat post is almost maxed out. Maybe in these I need a 20