Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Problems with back derailleur.

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-20, 08:17 AM
Timour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So as the title says I have a problem with my back derailleur. I was trying to bend back my derailleur hanger and after I did it and tried to hang my derailleur back up it just didn't shift anymore. I tried adjusting the limit screws and barrel adjuster but the barrel adjuster doesn't do anything. If you know a fix feel free to answer.
Timour
Old 06-03-20, 08:32 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
I think this thread is going to need a bit more info. You said you were attempting to "bend back" the hanger. Why/how was it bent out of position in the first place? If it was due to an accident...could it be that the derailleur was damaged in the accident? Is it bent too? Did you check to make sure all pivot points and hinges were functioning before re-mounting it? Are the pulley wheels spinning freely? When you re-hung it did you reconnect the shifter cable (properly) and adjust it? Maybe you could also add a picture or two of your situation.

Dan