Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Commercial Quality Bike Rack and Fixtures

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-20, 08:20 PM
Shrevvy 

Bikes: 77 Trek TX900, 81.5 Trek 950, 83 Trek 970, 84 Schwinn Peloton, 88 Schwinn Premis, 85 Pinarello Montello, 88 Lemond Pro, more...

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 284 Times in 136 Posts

I have the following commercial racks. These came from a closed bike shop, but are great for storing multiple bikes in a relatively small footprint. Due to their size, these are local pick up only. I am in Salem, OH just outside of Youngstown.

The first rack can be set up as a one or two tiered rack. The cross member bars are either 5 feet or 8 feet. The pics show both lengths. The trays that hold the bikes are moveable. There is a bolt to secure the trays into position. They can also be allowed to slide to along the cross bar. The trays come off of the bars and you can choose the number of trays per bar. The trays are available in staggered heights. So, you can have bikes facing the same direction and the bars generally do not touch (there are exceptions) due to the height difference. Price is $25 per tray with a minimum of four trays. You get the cross member you need with the trays (no extra cost). If you want a two tiered system, the the supports for the second tier are also included. The two tiered rack pictured below would be $200 and include the four cross member bars and two supporting sides. The second picture shows what a single tier eight foot run would look like. I have ~30 trays (I counted 22, but forgot I had more in another room) and the related bars/supports.

Old 05-31-20, 08:30 PM
Shrevvy 

Bikes: 77 Trek TX900, 81.5 Trek 950, 83 Trek 970, 84 Schwinn Peloton, 88 Schwinn Premis, 85 Pinarello Montello, 88 Lemond Pro, more...

The second rack is ~5' wide with two tiers. On this rack, the bike trays are fixed. However, there is an arm that pivots when you remove or insert a bike. In the empty pic below, the top tier has two in the "open" and two "closed" position. Trays #1 and #3 (working from the left) are in the "open" position. When you slide the bike into the rack, the wheel pushes that arm closed and it holds the bike. When you remove the bike, the arm pivots open and the bike comes out. You do not need to lift the bike into place. You just roll it onto the rack. I like the set up. I have two of these racks in my garage and half of one (just the bottom) in my basement. $200 for the complete two tiers with eight bike capacity. Excuse the dust. We had some drywall work done.

This is two racks in action our garage.

Old 05-31-20, 08:37 PM
Shrevvy 

These are grid wall fixtures on casters. There are four drawers with two on each side. These are heavy duty and have a bit of weight to them. They roll relatively easy. They can hold a lot of weight. No grid wall hooks or hanger, unfortunately. The half moon wood on the left attaches with three screws. That side has a mirror attach to the wood. The mirror can be removed if desired. I misplaced the dimensions, but I believe the racks are 4 feet wide by ~30 inches deep. I'll confirm tomorrow. I have three of these racks. $35 each.

Old 05-31-20, 08:39 PM
Shrevvy 

I may post more if there is an interest in these racks. The grid wall can work for storing/hanging tools and small parts. I'm sure there are a bunch of other uses as well.
Old 06-06-20, 11:21 AM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Looks like you have 14 bikes stored on the two racks in your garage. How much floor space (square footage) is involved?
Old 06-06-20, 05:26 PM
Shrevvy 

Originally Posted by dweenk
Looks like you have 14 bikes stored on the two racks in your garage. How much floor space (square footage) is involved?
There are 16 bikes on the two racks in the garage. Each rack holds 8 bikes. The frame for a single rack is 62" wide by 25" deep. The trays that hold the bikes are each 59" long. They trays are staggered to make racking bikes easier and keep the bars from touching. Because of the staggering, the total depth is ~66". So, the total foot print for one, 8 bike rack would be ~62" wide by ~66" deep. It is a very compact way to store eight bikes and have easy access to all eight bikes. Because of the pivoting arms, even the top rack is easily accessible.