Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Looking for a good floor pump???

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 05-04-20, 09:04 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked 758 Times in 407 Posts

Saw this pump while at the HD yesterday. It seems pretty sturdy. The head is equipped for both Schreader and Presta. Pretty good for the $18 price.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Bi...BP20/207191936

Dan
Old 05-04-20, 09:26 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6147 Post(s)
Liked 4,092 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
Saw this pump while at the HD yesterday. It seems pretty sturdy. The head is equipped for both Schreader and Presta. Pretty good for the $18 price.

Dan
I though you said good floor pump. I see any number of pumps like that at my local co-op...usually as they pass by on the way to the recycle bin.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Likes For cyccommute:
Old 05-04-20, 10:22 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
That pump head looks pretty fragile to me. The valve selector switch is definitely a point of failure. There are so many excellent pumps, why mess with an unknown? How much is an excellent floor pump worth?

Others will chime in with their favorites. I had a Zefal dual cylinder floor pump that lasted for about 30 years.

My current home pump is a Topeak JoeBlow Sport II that has been flawless over the last seven years or so. There is also a rebuild kit for it.

Last edited by Phil_gretz; 05-04-20 at 10:26 AM.
Likes For Phil_gretz:
Old 05-04-20, 10:37 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked 758 Times in 407 Posts
Hmm. That's unfortunate. You guys must be beasts on floor pumps. This one at HD seemed as good, or better than the 'Made in China" pump I bought for $12 at Aldi food store a few years ago that continues to serve me well.

Dan

Last edited by _ForceD_; 05-04-20 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-04-20, 10:40 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 430 Posts
There are lots of pumps out there, here's another (the head looks better on this one-at least in the ad): https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zefal-All...edle/252300749 I paid a good bit more for my Giant branded pump, and no regrets.
Old 05-05-20, 09:24 AM
Sonick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Are the mini pumps that attach to the frame any good?
Old 05-05-20, 09:38 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonick
Yes and no. Mini pumps are no substitute for a good floor pump.
Old 05-05-20, 09:44 AM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1589 Post(s)
Liked 2,486 Times in 1,188 Posts
The cheaper pumps work, just don't rely on the gauge.
Old 05-05-20, 10:15 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 799 Times in 467 Posts
Bought a Schwinn Cyclone Plus in a pinch while traveling a couple years ago..it now resides at my GF's house as a backup. I have a nicer pump at my place, but I gotta say..the Schwinn pump works great. $20

Old 05-05-20, 11:41 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6147 Post(s)
Liked 4,092 Times in 2,325 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonick
A floor pump is quicker and easier to use. On the road, the Topeak Morph is the only thing that comes close to a floor pump. Lezyne makes a similar pump but I find it uncomfortable to use. Both are far superior to the tiny mini pumps.

You can see the difference in the handles in this picture. The Lezyne is on the right. The small size and the groves for the hose make it difficult to use comfortably.

I also don’t like the chuck on the Lezyne. It threads on which can be problematic in the cold with gloves on. The Topeak (on the right) uses a thumb lock which I find much easier to use.

Finally there is the way that the hose is kept in place. The Lezyne has to be threaded into place. A bit of dirt in the threads can jam them up and, again, it’s not easy to do with heavy gloves on. The Topeak is just clipped into a hook. The velcro strap on the pump holder keeps everything in place. The Lezyne has the same strap but you really can’t leave the end flapping around.

Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!

Last edited by cyccommute; 05-05-20 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-05-20, 11:45 AM
SlvrDragon50

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Very pleased with my Specialized Airtool. The three point base compared to the standard 2 point base makes it a lot more stable for pumping.
Old 05-05-20, 06:18 PM
Ross520

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts

Dan

SKS Airmenius, made in Germany. Did a TON of research before purchasing, and came to the conclusion that it was the best pump for the money. It's around $145 depending on where you order from. It should be common sense that a floor pump that cost less than a half-way decent mini-pump won't be "good".
Old 05-05-20, 07:41 PM
hillyman
WALSTIB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 384 Times in 183 Posts
As I looked at the HD floor pump I thought too bad they don't sell bicycles but they do! Online I guess. $286 fixie anyone?
Looking for a good bike at a low price. Then the 6KU Fixie is what your looking for. Its the dream single-speed bike that is well-built, sturdy and ideal for short commutes. Buy it, ride it and we promise you'll have a smile on your face. There is no other fixie out there like the 6KU.
  • Durable high-tensile steel frame
  • Easily removable front/rear brakes
  • Forged high quality aluminum components
  • Deep V double wall alloy wheel with flip flop hub
  • Optional fixed or free wheel riding, synthetic leather saddle

Old 05-05-20, 08:08 PM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
That pump head looks pretty fragile to me. The valve selector switch is definitely a point of failure. There are so many excellent pumps, why mess with an unknown? How much is an excellent floor pump worth?

Others will chime in with their favorites. I had a Zefal dual cylinder floor pump that lasted for about 30 years.

My current home pump is a Topeak JoeBlow Sport II that has been flawless over the last seven years or so. There is also a rebuild kit for it.
I just got a JoeBlow Sport III from REI. On sale and with free shipping was only $5 with use of dividend from buying a hitch mount Yakima rack last year. Very nice so far.
Old 05-05-20, 08:15 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
My only advice is to get a pump where the gauge is at the top and not by your feet. It's just easier to read.
Old 05-05-20, 09:45 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked 388 Times in 254 Posts
As the old saying goes: " HERE IS ONE THAT IS GOOD FOR THE MONEY!!!"

I have owned this exact model for more than three years.
It has both PRESTA and SCHRADER built in.
I have PRESTA valves on my TRIATHLON competition bicycle.
I have good old SCHRADER valves on my ancient Schwinns and other old classics.
At $12.99 at HARBOR FREIGHT, you cannot go wrong, as it is a decent enough pump!
Yes, the accuracy of the round dial bar/PSI gauge is NOT ACCURATE.......you get somewhat of a ballpark figure that is not accurate enough to rely on!!
I use a very high quality Tire Pressure Gauge that I use for my automobiles, to read and measure the air pressure readings.
The quality Tire Pressure Gauge that I do own was made in Germany and did in fact cost much more than $12.99.
The fact remains that this el-cheapo $12.99 HARBOR FREIGHT floor pump does do the job very well.
You are simply airing bicycle tires, and it functions admirably for that purpose.
Can you buy a better and perhaps maybe a longer lasting floor pump? Yes, perhaps but from what I have seen there are floor model pumps that retail for $100 or more that do not do a better job of inflating a typical bicycle tire. Several Triathlon participants with bikes that have wheelsets on them that alone cost more than $4000, that have borrowed and pumped their tires to the desired pressure that they wanted the tires with this $12.99 el-cheapo Harbor Freight pump that I own.
ITEM number 63304 at HARBOR FREIGHT the UPC code is 7 92363 63304 8
You also will buy it for less than $12.99 because You Can Choose To Apply the 20% OFF COUPON, which you may use on each and every visit to Harbor Freight, as it is applicable to either the single item that you purchase, or the most valuable single item that you purchase, that is not already on some special sale pricing.
You do have to gather and present the 20% COUPON to the clerk at checkout. Sales circulars, and monthly mailings, etc. some of which can sometimes be obtained at near the front door upon entering the store.
https://www.harborfreight.com/High-F...ump-63304.html
Why the heck do ya really need to spend any more than $12.99 if that Harbor Freight pump works decent enough!!
Save your money and get a quality frame pump to carry along on your racing road bike in the event of an emergency flat tire change, because as yall know very well, it just is not practical to carry along a floor pump in most cases.... Sure, you might have some doofus that might carry his sooper dooper $169 lasts a lifetime floorpump along strapped via bungies to his Pletscher rear rack, but that is almost idiotic.
Spend your money in a practical manner.
If you really care about spending money for a quality pump, I suggest that you turn your attention to focusing on purchasing a quality, moderately expensive, 12 volt cig lighter plug -- Air Compressor for each of your automobiles. Below a certain price point, price range, you will find that these 12volt Air Compressors are junk which may or may not survive one time use before burning up, but the ones that are actually good, will do the job well each and every time. Many cars today already come with one, as those cars that already feature these as standard equipment generally do not come with a spare tire or temporary spare tire.............you simply have a quality compressor that runs on 12v and a canister of a fix-a-flat type substance........................yes, it will get your car back on the road assuming the air leak is a nail or small screw etc but it does nothing for you if your tire is damaged beyond that such as ripped/slashed/cut that it cannot be sealed via the fix-a-flat.
Now, these 12v AIR COMPRESSORS are SHRADER VALVE since automobiles/trucks/suvs/sports cars etc, all use the stronger and more reliable shrader valve stem.
There are adaptors that one can employ to use these to inflate Presta tubes on bicycles.
It is my opinion that a high cost, quality floor pump is not essential to inflate and maintain bicycle tires. These el-cheapo Harbor Freight floor pumps do both PRESTA and SCHRADER and this el-cheapo Harbor Freight certainly does a good enough job!!
Buy a quality accurate TIRE GAUGE to use primarily for your automobiles.
Buy a quality carry-along lightweight bicycle pump if you don't wish to ever be in the boonies somewhere with a flat-repair situation.........sure there are CO2 cannisters but you'll have all the AIR that you'd ever need with a carry-along pump....................sure you might get tired of pumping, but you'll get it fully inflated........THIS IS WHY THAT I SAY THAT YOU NEED A QUALITY LIGHTWEIGHT CARRY-ALONG PUMP THAT MOUNTS TO THE FRAME OR SITS IN THE SEAT BAG OR IN YOUR REAR JERSEY POCKET MUCH MUCH MORE THAN YOU NEED AN EXPENSIVE FLOOR PUMP. There is a huge difference in the performance and quality of the lightweight carry-along pumps such that you do need to spend enough to buy a quality carry-along pump that works well........................................that ol elcheapo $12.99 Harbor Freight floor pump does work just about as well as most any floor pump that costs ten times as much.....................SAVE YOUR DOUGH, AND SPEND IT ON SPECIFIC ITEMS THAT WILL REALLY BENEFIT YOU!! It is really good for the money.

That Harbor Freight #63304 floor pump has a cheap hard black plastic attaching nozzle thingy at the end of the hose which has SCHRADER and PRESTA in a sort of over and under, or side by side 'headlight'- configuration seen in old antique cars from about 1958 to the nineties. The pump functions in the rather odd arrangement that you place the corresponding nozzle hole over your tire valve and then you FLIP THE LEVER UP SUCH THAT IT EXTENDS SKYWARD IN THE SAME 12'O'CLOCK DIRECTION THAT THE VALVE STEM FACES................so initially when you place the corresponding nozzle over your tire valve, That LEVER is oriented the same direction as the hose on the pump which is 90 degrees to the nozzle outlets..................You will see what I mean as this pump only functions in this manner............thus to lock the nozzle to the stem and pump the tire.........you FLIP THE LEVER UP SKYWARDS 12' O'CLOCK IN SAME DIRECTION THAT THE VALVE STEM FACES..........-AND- when you wish to remove the nozzle, you must FLIP THE LEVER DOWN SIDEWAYS 90 DEGREES..........................
For such an inexpensive el-cheapo floor pump, this Harbor Freight pump (item #63304 at Harbor Freight) does work well.
I may be in better physical condition than most but I don't think that will matter to anyone between 7 years old and 77 years old who is able walk to the mailbox or to the end of the driveway. Will this pump last 40 years? I don't really give a hoot because it still functions perfectly after 3 years. I clearly do not expect such a pump to last ten years. All pumps will wear out and/or break at some point in time. Such a $12.99 el-cheapo Floor Pump is a great buy even if you only get 18 months of use out of it before it breaks. For most folks this pump would be more than adequate. Should you have very high PSI bicycle tires to inflate and you perhaps cannot pump these without getting tired or winded, then perhaps you may need another solution and perhaps a personal trainer and a focused exercise regimen
At $12.99 less the 20% discount, plus your applicable state-local sales tax,......this is really decent........it is good for the money!

Last edited by Vintage Schwinn; 05-05-20 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-06-20, 05:39 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn
….At $12.99 at HARBOR FREIGHT, you cannot go wrong, as it is a decent enough pump!...ITEM number 63304 ...Apply the 20% OFF COUPON... end of the hose which has SCHRADER and PRESTA in a sort ...side by side 'headlight'- configuration...it is good for the money!
There. Edited it down for you.

I'd prefer this dual head over the plastic selector on the Home Depot pump. If I needed a back-up floor pump at some remote destination (like at work for a commuter), I wouldn't worry about using this Harbor Freight model. The 120 psi rating is a problem, though, as it belies poor seals and very modest capacity. Not for daily use, but in a pinch, it'd get you home. For $12 after discount and taxes?
Likes For Phil_gretz:
Old 05-06-20, 05:54 AM
Ross520

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts
As the old saying goes: " HERE IS ONE THAT IS GOOD FOR THE MONEY!!!"

I have owned this exact model for more than three years.
It has both PRESTA and SCHRADER built in.
I have PRESTA valves on my TRIATHLON competition bicycle.
I have good old SCHRADER valves on my ancient Schwinns and other old classics.
At $12.99 at HARBOR FREIGHT, you cannot go wrong, as it is a decent enough pump!
Yes, the accuracy of the round dial bar/PSI gauge is NOT ACCURATE.......you get somewhat of a ballpark figure that is not accurate enough to rely on!!
I use a very high quality Tire Pressure Gauge that I use for my automobiles, to read and measure the air pressure readings.
The quality Tire Pressure Gauge that I do own was made in Germany and did in fact cost much more than $12.99.
The fact remains that this el-cheapo $12.99 HARBOR FREIGHT floor pump does do the job very well.
You are simply airing bicycle tires, and it functions admirably for that purpose.
Can you buy a better and perhaps maybe a longer lasting floor pump? Yes, perhaps but from what I have seen there are floor model pumps that retail for $100 or more that do not do a better job of inflating a typical bicycle tire. Several Triathlon participants with bikes that have wheelsets on them that alone cost more than $4000, that have borrowed and pumped their tires to the desired pressure that they wanted the tires with this $12.99 el-cheapo Harbor Freight pump that I own.
ITEM number 63304 at HARBOR FREIGHT the UPC code is 7 92363 63304 8
You also will buy it for less than $12.99 because You Can Choose To Apply the 20% OFF COUPON, which you may use on each and every visit to Harbor Freight, as it is applicable to either the single item that you purchase, or the most valuable single item that you purchase, that is not already on some special sale pricing.
You do have to gather and present the 20% COUPON to the clerk at checkout. Sales circulars, and monthly mailings, etc. some of which can sometimes be obtained at near the front door upon entering the store.
https://www.harborfreight.com/High-F...ump-63304.html
Why the heck do ya really need to spend any more than $12.99 if that Harbor Freight pump works decent enough!!
Save your money and get a quality frame pump to carry along on your racing road bike in the event of an emergency flat tire change, because as yall know very well, it just is not practical to carry along a floor pump in most cases.... Sure, you might have some doofus that might carry his sooper dooper $169 lasts a lifetime floorpump along strapped via bungies to his Pletscher rear rack, but that is almost idiotic.
Spend your money in a practical manner.
If you really care about spending money for a quality pump, I suggest that you turn your attention to focusing on purchasing a quality, moderately expensive, 12 volt cig lighter plug -- Air Compressor for each of your automobiles. Below a certain price point, price range, you will find that these 12volt Air Compressors are junk which may or may not survive one time use before burning up, but the ones that are actually good, will do the job well each and every time. Many cars today already come with one, as those cars that already feature these as standard equipment generally do not come with a spare tire or temporary spare tire.............you simply have a quality compressor that runs on 12v and a canister of a fix-a-flat type substance........................yes, it will get your car back on the road assuming the air leak is a nail or small screw etc but it does nothing for you if your tire is damaged beyond that such as ripped/slashed/cut that it cannot be sealed via the fix-a-flat.
Now, these 12v AIR COMPRESSORS are SHRADER VALVE since automobiles/trucks/suvs/sports cars etc, all use the stronger and more reliable shrader valve stem.
There are adaptors that one can employ to use these to inflate Presta tubes on bicycles.
It is my opinion that a high cost, quality floor pump is not essential to inflate and maintain bicycle tires. These el-cheapo Harbor Freight floor pumps do both PRESTA and SCHRADER and this el-cheapo Harbor Freight certainly does a good enough job!!
Buy a quality accurate TIRE GAUGE to use primarily for your automobiles.
Buy a quality carry-along lightweight bicycle pump if you don't wish to ever be in the boonies somewhere with a flat-repair situation.........sure there are CO2 cannisters but you'll have all the AIR that you'd ever need with a carry-along pump....................sure you might get tired of pumping, but you'll get it fully inflated........THIS IS WHY THAT I SAY THAT YOU NEED A QUALITY LIGHTWEIGHT CARRY-ALONG PUMP THAT MOUNTS TO THE FRAME OR SITS IN THE SEAT BAG OR IN YOUR REAR JERSEY POCKET MUCH MUCH MORE THAN YOU NEED AN EXPENSIVE FLOOR PUMP. There is a huge difference in the performance and quality of the lightweight carry-along pumps such that you do need to spend enough to buy a quality carry-along pump that works well........................................that ol elcheapo $12.99 Harbor Freight floor pump does work just about as well as most any floor pump that costs ten times as much.....................SAVE YOUR DOUGH, AND SPEND IT ON SPECIFIC ITEMS THAT WILL REALLY BENEFIT YOU!! It is really good for the money.

That Harbor Freight #63304 floor pump has a cheap hard black plastic attaching nozzle thingy at the end of the hose which has SCHRADER and PRESTA in a sort of over and under, or side by side 'headlight'- configuration seen in old antique cars from about 1958 to the nineties. The pump functions in the rather odd arrangement that you place the corresponding nozzle hole over your tire valve and then you FLIP THE LEVER UP SUCH THAT IT EXTENDS SKYWARD IN THE SAME 12'O'CLOCK DIRECTION THAT THE VALVE STEM FACES................so initially when you place the corresponding nozzle over your tire valve, That LEVER is oriented the same direction as the hose on the pump which is 90 degrees to the nozzle outlets..................You will see what I mean as this pump only functions in this manner............thus to lock the nozzle to the stem and pump the tire.........you FLIP THE LEVER UP SKYWARDS 12' O'CLOCK IN SAME DIRECTION THAT THE VALVE STEM FACES..........-AND- when you wish to remove the nozzle, you must FLIP THE LEVER DOWN SIDEWAYS 90 DEGREES..........................
For such an inexpensive el-cheapo floor pump, this Harbor Freight pump (item #63304 at Harbor Freight) does work well.
I may be in better physical condition than most but I don't think that will matter to anyone between 7 years old and 77 years old who is able walk to the mailbox or to the end of the driveway. Will this pump last 40 years? I don't really give a hoot because it still functions perfectly after 3 years. I clearly do not expect such a pump to last ten years. All pumps will wear out and/or break at some point in time. Such a $12.99 el-cheapo Floor Pump is a great buy even if you only get 18 months of use out of it before it breaks. For most folks this pump would be more than adequate. Should you have very high PSI bicycle tires to inflate and you perhaps cannot pump these without getting tired or winded, then perhaps you may need another solution and perhaps a personal trainer and a focused exercise regimen
At $12.99 less the 20% discount, plus your applicable state-local sales tax,......this is really decent........it is good for the money!
Some folks actually appreciate using and owning high-quality tools that look good, feel good, will last a lifetime (buy nice NOT twice), and perform flawlessly.

If you want to buy China tools, that's your prerogative, but let's not pretend like they function as well as a quality unit.

Why cheap-out on something you use almost every day?
Likes For Ross520:
Old 05-06-20, 06:03 AM
Noctilux.95

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Celeste, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Giant TCR SL, Giant Revolt Advanced Revolt 0 Gravel Bike, Trek Madone SLR, Cervelo R5 Disk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 65 Posts
I bought one of these.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pegoretti-S...n/153164789537
Old 05-06-20, 04:22 PM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by Noctilux.95
Free shipping!
Old 05-06-20, 05:15 PM
catacombs

Bikes: Kilo TT

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I like my Vibrelli. It does the trick.
Old 05-06-20, 07:54 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Quoted: 2749 Post(s)
Liked 2,516 Times in 1,422 Posts
Hmm. That's unfortunate. You guys must be beasts on floor pumps. This one at HD seemed as good, or better than the 'Made in China" pump I bought for $12 at Aldi food store a few years ago that continues to serve me well.

Dan
I bought a $14 floor pump at Aldis this past year.

It lasted about a week.
Old 05-06-20, 07:58 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,578 Posts
I am pretty sure Home Despot is not an actual bike shop, last I remember being in there I think we were getting grid to cut down for ceiling tiles and some keys cut. Not really the sign of a bike shop. I wouldn't waste money on that stuff.

My favorite pump was the Air Tower Shop from Blackburn but it got replaced under warranty with the Piston 4 which works but feels a little cheaper on the handle but works just fine. If I do end up with another floor pump I am probably going with the Joe Blow Ace from Topeak as it will be good for mountain bikes as well as road bikes.
Old 05-06-20, 08:02 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Quoted: 2749 Post(s)
Liked 2,516 Times in 1,422 Posts
Did I miss anything by not reading beyond this?
Old 05-06-20, 08:24 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3905 Post(s)
Liked 7,181 Times in 2,905 Posts
$12.99 ... HARBOR FREIGHT ... $12.99 ... $12.99 ... HARBOR FREIGHT ... $12.99 ... Harbor Freight ... HARBOR FREIGHT ... $12.99 ... Harbor Freight ... $12.99 ... Harbor Freight ... Harbor Freight ... Harbor Freight ... $12.99 ... Harbor Freight ... Harbor Freight ... Harbor Freight ... Harbor Freight ... $12.99 ... $12.99 ...
I'm not sure what you're getting at -- who makes this tire pump and how much does it cost?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.