Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Looking for fenders for 50’s Schwinn Traveler

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-20, 01:34 AM
SGoose80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After some research, I believe I have a 1954 women’s Schwinn Traveler. I researched the serial# and it came up saying the # was used twice. 1954 and 1956. It was repainted but the paint underneath was the blue you would typically see on Schwinns. My questions are where can I find correct fenders to fit it and how can I find out what parts are the correct ones.
I don’t think this is a popular model therefore not a valuable one. But I am thinking of putting some fenders on it, having it painted the proper blue again and selling it. Sorry, first time joining a forums site and couldn’t figure out how to add my pics.

Last edited by SGoose80; 06-10-20 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-10-20, 09:49 AM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Check the Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange (theCABE). BTW: Repainting an old bike is usually a bad idea.
Old 06-10-20, 03:41 PM
SGoose80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I’ll check it out. As far as paint goes, it is currently stripped down to bare metal. The paint that was on top of the original was really bad. Looked like some backyard spray job. But I was able to determine its original paint color was blue so I’m thinking of putting back to that. Will check out the site. Thanks👍