Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Six13 Frame - EBAY FRAUD - Warning

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Six13 Frame - EBAY FRAUD - Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-06, 10:23 AM
jimbud

Bikes: Colnago Dream, Kestrel Evoke, Giant XTC Hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by grinderbob
What's wrong with buying an item on ebay and selling it back on ebay? People do that all the time, and
making or losing money on the way is only the seller's business. I think people are kind of mean-spirited and don't want other people to make money off good deals. In this case the seller wasn't asking
much more than what he paid for actually. So where did the sourgrape come from??? The seller did point out all the "clearcoat" spots. It is the
buyer's responsibility to do some homework on the product, if you feel it is a problem,
don't buy even if it is of rock bottom price, as simple as that.
So please don't sabotage people's listing just because you feel "injustice" after doing some detective work. That doesn't make you a good guy.

Nevertheless research is good no matter what you buy.
Nothing wrong with reselling a item on ebay for a profit. The question is should the frame be on the market for sale in the first place. Sounds like it was a factory recalled item. Plus, the seller misrepresented the history of the frame by claiming he put on a easy 2000 miles on the frame while most likely he never even built the frame up.
Old 12-29-06, 11:10 AM
Serpico
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wtf is c'dale policy when warranteeing a frame?

they should do like cervelo and require that the dropouts be sawed off and sent in with warranty any claims
Old 12-30-06, 02:08 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffreyahorn

Simple cosmetic problems? Cannondale does not think so, as they are forced to replace 100s of these frames.
Cannondale has replaced my 2006 Six13 frame TWICE. The second time they hemmed and hawed, and I told them to get over themselves. A $4000 bicycle should NOT do that. They relented and I'm riding a brand new 2007 version of the Six13 clearcoat frame. It's doing a HINT of the same thing, but if it stays that small and isolated, it won't be an issue. I think this one's going to be OK.

Was there a RECALL on this? Not to my knowledge. I was never notified, and a few months ago I was ARGUING with them over this. But again, they did the right thing.

Cosmetic or not, it's NOT acceptable. Had Cannondale not done the right thing I'd certainly be done with them. Thankfully they have stepped up, albeit the second time with some prodding. So far so good.
Old 12-30-06, 07:00 PM
velocity
Dart Board

Bikes: 13 Super Six EVO Red, 2005 Six13, 2015 CAADX

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Curious to see if it were only the years that you have been talking about what about the 2005's I have not seen this on mine.
V
Old 12-30-06, 08:41 PM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by velocity
Curious to see if it were only the years that you have been talking about what about the 2005's I have not seen this on mine.
V
This is NOT a universal problem. Erratic from all reports. Some bikes are fine. I've had two that were awful, the third is showing early signs, but much more limited (and I doubt it would cause me to make a stink with Cdale all over again).