Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Identify a Dahon please

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Identify a Dahon please

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-19, 06:50 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked 1,068 Times in 636 Posts
Just wanted to say that this Dahon has been a joy to ride most every day now. I’ve started forward with some upgrades with the drivetrain. As it is, this Helios just takes me all over this city and out to the edges as well. I get quite a few stares and questions when I am at the coffee shops. Being on the coast there are a lot of outdoor folks looking for campsite toys, lots of boaters who would like to ride out from the marinas and a lot of townhouse, apt. dwellers looking to cut their space eating bikes.

That is all.
Old 06-02-19, 08:38 PM
wesgreen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
I think I know the feeling - the only thing you're sorry about is that you didn't get it sooner, right? Beautiful bike. Dahon should maybe sign you up for an endorsement deal.
You're lucky to get a steel fork.
(Full disclosure: I tape marine reflective type over the Dahon logos on my bikes, because they"re not paying me either.)
Old 06-15-19, 01:23 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1942 Post(s)
Liked 1,068 Times in 636 Posts

Presto, adjustable handle post and a 3 speed coaster brake rear hub with mud guards and rack standard.

This has a straight bar and a Truvativ crank

Mine
For research purposes should anyone else find a similar Dahon framed folder. I came across this same model Helios which shows a few differences. Not sure of its year, mine is 2002. Second model uses the same frame but is called a Presto. Much the same with a few component differences, again, unknown year.