Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Schwinn super le tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-20, 07:51 PM
Rgilliam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schwinn super le tour

Hi, I got this bike from my dad, and he thinks it's from 1982. It's in good condition and even has the original water bottle that came with it. It says Schwinn Super Le Tour cromoly 4130. Serial number is SA304135. I tried looking up the serial number to find more info and didn't have much luck. Does anyone have an info on it? Thanks!
Old 08-19-20, 09:47 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Photos - https://www.bikeforums.net/g/album/18885291

Photo from the drive side would be more useful. It does look like something is not right with the RD spring tension, as the chain is sagging. Frame material decal and the top-tube lettering make me think 1983 or thereabouts. Look for a 4-digit number on the head badge. Last digit is the year within the decade, and first three are the ordinal/julian day within the year.

Last edited by madpogue; 08-19-20 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-24-20, 11:40 AM
Hummer

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Rgilliam
Hi, I got this bike from my dad, and he thinks it's from 1982. It's in good condition and even has the original water bottle that came with it. It says Schwinn Super Le Tour cromoly 4130. Serial number is SA304135. I tried looking up the serial number to find more info and didn't have much luck. Does anyone have an info on it? Thanks!
The first digit of the serial number indicates the year of frame manufacture, 3=1983. The letter A in the serial number is for the month, A=January.