Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from OC, CA.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings from OC, CA.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-18, 09:32 PM
HazardBiker

Bikes: WallyWorld Cheapie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from OC, CA.

Hello everyone. My name is Brian and I hail from Orange County, CA. Although I always enjoyed a little mountain biking here and there, I have now been a bicycle commuter for the past year and a half. It has been an eye opening experience to say the least.

As such, I have found myself becoming a bit of a one man activist against law enforcement. I say "against" as most of the ones I have dealt with seem quite anti-cyclist in that they refuse to do anything about those drivers who, at the risk of sounding hyperbolic, assault us with their four wheeled weapons. The police just don't seem to understand the problems us cyclists have to deal with on a daily basis and how their lack of enforcing and outright misinterpretation of the law endangers us.

I have recently started my own website and blog on bicycle safety, and plan to add a YouTube channel as well. But I see from the forum rules that posting links is prohibited so I will respect that. I already run a small forum unrelated to biking and I understand the need for forum rules. I suppose if anyone is really interested they can PM me.

Anyway, I hope to engage in discussions with others who share my troubles and to get their opinions and advice to my questions. Sometimes I need a 'sanity check' from someone else to make sure I'm thinking about things correctly. And perhaps I may become a valued member in the future sharing with others what I have learned.

My handle "HazardBiker" comes from two things: first is that I am a bicyclist dealing with the hazards of riding legally on the road, and also that much of my commute is on a street called Hazard Ave!!!

Ride safe!!!

Brian
Old 03-16-18, 04:13 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,595 Times in 3,781 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums Brian.
Old 03-17-18, 07:01 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
Welcome!!

I am sorry that you have had bad experiences dealing with police . I thank you for respecting the rule about not posting links but we also discourage any negative involvement in regards to police activity, or lack of. The reason is because it can be a very heated issue and can lead to ugly arguments and debates.

We do have a section that you may be interested in, it's called Safety and Advocacy.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 03-17-18 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-17-18, 10:33 PM
HazardBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
I am sorry that you have had bad experiences dealing with police . I thank you for respecting the rule about not posting links but we also discourage any negative involvement in regards to police activity, or lack of. The reason is because it can be a very heated issue and can lead to ugly arguments and debates.

We do have a section that you may be interested in, it's called Safety and Advocacy.
Thank you for the heads up. I'm not here to bash the police en mass. Not all cops are bad. I've encountered a few very sympathetic and understanding officers and I make sure to express my appreciation to them of their service. They are necessary for the proper function of our society. On the other hand, if law enforcement's interpretation of the law endangers the public, that needs to be addressed, no?

And yes, I've already posted in the Advocacy forum.

Apologies if I've come to the wrong place. Before joining I saw many threads on this website discussing issues with the police similar to mine as a result of google searches, so I thought it was appropriate.

Ride safe!

Brian
Old 03-18-18, 07:14 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

This forum is for fun, education on cycling and for discussion regarding bikes. We have the Safety and Advocacy section for those who are concerned about... safety and advocacy. We try to refrain from having any heavy political agenda there or from forming any type of mass revolution against the police. I'm not saying that's your aim, I'm trying to point out that some can be very passionate about it and it can get out of control fast.

If you would like to discuss friendly family cycling, learn more about it or perhaps help educate other on cycling, this is the place for you!

If you want to pursue your passion, and if it is in regards to lack in police policies, Im sorry but this may not be the proper forum.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 03-26-18, 08:09 PM
HazardBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
If you want to pursue your passion, and if it is in regards to lack in police policies, Im sorry but this may not be the proper forum.
That's disappointing to hear.

I will take my efforts elsewhere.

Brian
Old 03-27-18, 01:03 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

You are more than welcome to stay and talk about cycling in general
Old 03-27-18, 03:21 PM
mackgoo

Bikes: 87 Bianchi X4, 95 Bianchi Ti Mega Tube, 06 Alan Carbon Cross X33, Gold plated Columbus AIR Guerciotti, 74 Galmozzi Super Competizione, 52 Bianchi Paris Roubaix.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 539 Times in 166 Posts
Where in OC?