Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Anyone know anything about Infinity Boss Three Hybrid bikes?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-18, 12:51 PM
Casbah

Bikes: Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was just at my local Costco and saw this for sale for $169.99 and was wondering if anyone has one & would recommend it or not? I'm looking for an inexpensive bike for my husband that will have to be dragged kicking & screaming away from his computer to go cycling with me.

Boss.three Mens 7 Speed ? Infinity

Old 03-31-18, 01:20 PM
Digital Gee
I need more cowbell.

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’d raise the budget a little and shop at an actual LBS. that bike will probably break down quickly and hurt to ride - both disincentives for new riders.
Old 03-31-18, 09:00 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
While I too would suggest an LBS or even other online bikes, I will have to admit after doing a quick look at this bike....It's simple with no crazy pretense of being a mountain bike or fast road bike, inexpensive and seems like an ok bike for simple neighborhood rides to hopefully get the husband away from the computer with.

But, this may be a case you want to have LBS check it out. I see some really strange things on how these bikes are put together at retail stores like WalMart, Dicks and Target. Some cases it simply isn't safe to ride.

I say try it, if you and husband some how get the bug to ride more and more, then save up money for the LBS bikes. Have fun!!!
Old 04-01-18, 08:59 AM
Casbah

Bikes: Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. If the bike were for me I would definitely go to a LBS & buy something in the upwards of $400 range. Whatever bike we get will probably be taken to an LBS for them to put together anyway since I've never put a bike together myself. The cost for a LBS to put together a bike will be in the $50-100 range. I just know that it will be difficult to get my husband to go riding enough to be worth spending more on a bike for him.
Although, we are around the same height (5'5"). So if I can convince him to go with a bike I'd like to ride too, then I could justify spending more since I'm ready for a full size bike for myself after riding a folder for the past few years. If that's the case I like this one at REI: https://www.rei.com/product/131752/p...ssic-bike-2017 Otherwise, it seems a waste to spend over $200 on a bike he'll very rarely ride.
Old 04-01-18, 12:01 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 900 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Casbah
Thanks for the replies. If the bike were for me I would definitely go to a LBS & buy something in the upwards of $400 range. Whatever bike we get will probably be taken to an LBS for them to put together anyway since I've never put a bike together myself. The cost for a LBS to put together a bike will be in the $50-100 range. I just know that it will be difficult to get my husband to go riding enough to be worth spending more on a bike for him.
Although, we are around the same height (5'5"). So if I can convince him to go with a bike I'd like to ride too, then I could justify spending more since I'm ready for a full size bike for myself after riding a folder for the past few years. If that's the case I like this one at REI: https://www.rei.com/product/131752/p...ssic-bike-2017 Otherwise, it seems a waste to spend over $200 on a bike he'll very rarely ride.
You should check with an LBs upfront what they charge. You can also ask LBs if they have used ones in your size. If you don't assemble yourself i don't see much saving buying a big box store bike. Keep also in mind some things may not be able to adjust correctly, may just be bad. For example cables fray easily etc. the LBS will charge you extra to replace.

One good thing about that particular bike is that it has a rigid fork and not a pretend suspension fork that does nothing but cost $ and act as an anchor. So hope they put that fork money towards some better quality.

Do they have assembled bikes in the store for him to test-ride and see the fit? If it doesn't fit it doesn't matter how good or bad it is. If it doesn't fit you already know he won't ride it a lot.....
Old 04-16-18, 07:41 AM
Gladfastman

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Casbah.

I just bought this bike from Costco and it works great. It is what the descriptions says, simple hybrid bike.
This won me over the price, quality and looks. There was quite some thought given to this before I could make my sub $200 purchase. I can say it is definitely worth it. I bought this just for joy rides during the summer along with some travel to simple bike paths, nothing more.

Shifts super smooth and brakes perfect. No adjustments needed.

The assembly is straight forward and simple. Built quality is indeed very good. It is Aluminium frame so needs a little care like you would take care of your car, however it is strong and sturdy.

Quick disconnect wheel is awesome. My front wheel needed a tru so I took it a to a LBS and got it checked out. They were amazed at the bike quality and got other things checked out on my bike. They said the bike was similar to the $250 -300 range entry level bikes.

Old 04-16-18, 09:58 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
The bike looks decent enough to me. Pro set-up/tune would ensure proper performance.
Old 04-16-18, 05:14 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by Gladfastman
They said the bike was similar to the $250 -300 range entry level bikes.
Having looked at these myself at my local Costco, I'd say that's accurate. Local assembly practices will shape your get-on-it-and-ride experience. The one at my local store had the stem/fork backwards, so that the stem was facing forward when the arrows on the fork were clearly facing the rear. The front brake cable was wrapped about the head tube once or twice -- there's no way it could have been ridden in that condition.

But, build quality appeared to be just fine...even impressive for the price point. The wheels are probably inexpensive wheels, but they have pinned alloy rims and seemed to be of decent quality. The tires are fine -- about like what you'd find at a Target Schwinn or a Diamondback hybrid at Richard's. The rear derailleur (and maybe even freewheel also; I don't remember) are Shimano branded. Brakes are standard shiny chrome V-brakes, but they use alloy arms as I recall, rather than stamped steel like other budget bikes. I think it compares extremely well for anything you can get for well less than 200 dollars.
Old 06-18-18, 09:23 AM
yuipcheng

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disc brakes

I really like this bike and using it to commute to work during summer months at Olympia wa. I wonder how hard is it to convert this to a disc brake bike. There's a college bike shop I can borrow all the tools and work space I need for free.
Old 06-18-18, 11:21 AM
pjthomas

Bikes: 2000 Trek 720 Multitrack (plus)

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yuipcheng
I really like this bike and using it to commute to work during summer months at Olympia wa. I wonder how hard is it to convert this to a disc brake bike. There's a college bike shop I can borrow all the tools and work space I need for free.
Can't convert to to disks.
Old 07-11-18, 10:21 AM
Sags224

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update

How has the bike held up? (If you got it) I am thinking of getting one
Old 07-15-18, 06:50 PM
yuipcheng

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sags224
How has the bike held up? (If you got it) I am thinking of getting one
Been riding it to work, 6 mi each way for almost two months. The plastic chain guard is cracked and the 7th gear needs adjustments. Been adjusting both breaks few times already, looks like may need new pair for next summer. It's light so can go to the roof no problem. Overall, I like the quality for what I pay for. I got the man bike, my wife's woman bike fender always makes noise no matter how I adjust it. If I can, I rather get two man bikes instead and she will be happier.
Old 07-30-18, 10:21 PM
yuipcheng

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the size of the inner tube if I need to get replacemwmts? Will this work?

MULTI PACK

BICYCLE TUBES

27" x 1-1/8 -1/4" (700c x 28-32mm)

48mm Schrader Valve

(A little longer valve for ease of airing up or

if you have a deeper rim)

Old 07-31-18, 06:03 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
Yes, those tubes should work. They'll fit 27" wheels or 700c wheels.
Old 09-14-18, 09:06 AM
yuipcheng

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can the rear wheel be converted to a quick release for using with a bike trainer?

Last edited by yuipcheng; 09-14-18 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-14-18, 09:21 AM
practical

Bikes: Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
You probably can't go wrong at that price - but you want to make sure to get a bike your husband will enjoy riding. I don't know how much that bikes weighs, but if it's over 30 pounds, he will get tired of it quickly. Also, I don't know what kind of riding you two are likely to do. If you ride bike paths and rail trails or on pretty level neighborhood streets, then this bike should be fine. But if you want to take rides of more than 20 miles, you may want to upgrade to more gears and lighter weight.
Old 06-19-19, 03:53 PM
denys277

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fenders on the womans bike!

If you have hard time adjusting the fenders, then just simply take them off, and ride it without fenders, if you need them, then make sure you did everything correct, you didn't tight them too hard, or check if it is bent and does not rub against the wheel/frame, if that doesn't work then just buy new fenders off your local bike shop or for cheap prices under 10$, buy online!
Old 06-19-19, 03:54 PM
denys277

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by practical
You probably can't go wrong at that price - but you want to make sure to get a bike your husband will enjoy riding. I don't know how much that bikes weighs, but if it's over 30 pounds, he will get tired of it quickly. Also, I don't know what kind of riding you two are likely to do. If you ride bike paths and rail trails or on pretty level neighborhood streets, then this bike should be fine. But if you want to take rides of more than 20 miles, you may want to upgrade to more gears and lighter weight.
The bike weight 30.6lbs, decent enough