Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

What's a 11/16 wrench in MM???

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

What's a 11/16 wrench in MM???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-18, 12:42 PM
Doug5150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Al1943
What you need is a metric crescent wrench.
I bought one of them once and they sent me a left-handed one. And then wouldn't give me a refund.
Old 12-02-18, 08:13 PM
mike_s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Random Tandem
Last week I found myself...
What a coincidence. Why, only 8 years ago I found myself participating in this thread!
Old 12-03-18, 09:28 PM
BrocLuno

Bikes: K2 (Marzocchi/Fox), Trek 6000 (red) MARS Elite up front, Specialized Hardrock Sport -> eBike (R7 Elite up front), lastly TREK 820 loaner. Recently sold Peugeot du Monde Record and 1956 Schwinn (owned since new).

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Amazing how many posters went on long after the OP answered the conundrum and moved on ...
Old 12-05-18, 10:03 AM
Glennfordx4

Bikes: Too many Bicycles to list

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Kimmo
Does anyone know of an Android app that can tell you which imperial spanner to grab when your vernier spits out say, 15.91mm/0.626"?

Needs fuzzy logic to account for more precision than accuracy.

I would prefer a vernier that can just tell me inches in fractions; the fuzzy logic wouldn't be necessary since a little nudge would get me from 81/128" to 5/8".

ETA - never mind, fractional verniers are totally a thing.
LOL, they are!, I wanted a cheap caliper to keep in my shop as I don't leave my good NSK's out there so I bought one from Fleabay that was advertised as having the fraction feature and it didn't have it, after contacting the seller it was clear that english isn't their native language so I just gave up. For the price it wasn't worth opening a claim and they work just fine as is but I really wanted that feature lol.

Glenn
Old 12-06-18, 12:58 PM
Dave Mayer

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked 476 Times in 278 Posts
I volunteer at our local bike Co-op. We get a steady stream of donations, including tools.

If we get Imperial socket sets or hex keys, I automatically discard. There is nothing but downside with these tools, as folks will end up stripping bolts.

So a $50+ derailleur may be destroyed because of Imperial tools, then requiring us to spend another frustrating 15 minutes with EZ-outs and profanities. We have enough issues fixing vintage bikes.
Old 12-06-18, 01:10 PM
Random Tandem
Old Bike Craphound

Bikes: 1974 Teledyne Titan, 1970's Sekine, 1980's Kuwahara Tandem, plus a few dozen

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Mayer
If we get Imperial socket sets or hex keys, I automatically discard.
They would be great to donate to a local ReStore (run by Habitat for Humanity) as they usually have customers who are builders and woodworkers who still use Imperial measurement.

BTW: I am really sorry that I reopened this zombie thread by accident, I do not know why it was at the top of the list when I first saw it (i.e., not sorted by the time of the last post), but I admit to being the forum member who revived this nightmare, and I am filled with regret. I will not post again on this thread, in the vain hope that it might fall down the list and not keep attracting replies.