Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi TSX pro frame details required

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-19, 12:48 PM
Dan Chase

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 38 Posts

Hi Guys,
New to the forum, I have just added a rather cool Bianchi TSX Ultralight frame to my collection - its an ex pro bike with an original and well used race number hanger. Condition is pretty good all round, has the later biovalised tubes and the internal spirals that you can make out from the BB - also is fitted with a Look carbon fork with a neat Bianchi sticker which is lacquered on - looks like some of the `95/`96 frames had these??? Size 58, very light - feels like the tubing would crush if I grabbed it tightly. Bottom Bracket serial number is very faint - either 000009 or maybe 600000 or just 000000 depending on how you try and read it. I know that Gatorade rode these in `93/`94 as did Cipo and MG Technogym up until `96 - I think Gewiss road TI TSX so rules them out.

Anyone on the forum know any more or can shed some light?

Would show some pics but it seems I have to make 10 posts before the system will allow me...
Old 06-20-19, 01:01 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Chase
Hi Guys,
New to the forum, I have just added a rather cool Bianchi TSX Ultralight frame to my collection - its an ex pro bike with an original and well used race number hanger. Condition is pretty good all round, has the later biovalised tubes and the internal spirals that you can make out from the BB - also is fitted with a Look carbon fork with a neat Bianchi sticker which is lacquered on - looks like some of the `95/`96 frames had these??? Size 58, very light - feels like the tubing would crush if I grabbed it tightly. Bottom Bracket serial number is very faint - either 000009 or maybe 600000 or just 000000 depending on how you try and read it. I know that Gatorade rode these in `93/`94 as did Cipo and MG Technogym up until `96 - I think Gewiss road TI TSX so rules them out.

Would show some pics but it seems I have to make 10 posts before the system will allow me...
@Bianchigirll is always a good asset for research on this brand.
@Dan Chase, Do you think this was raced in the US or EU?

Last edited by tricky; 06-20-19 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-20-19, 01:44 PM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 175 Posts
Hey Dan , Is this like your bike ? Except the fork .

Old 06-20-19, 04:00 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,384 Times in 3,669 Posts
Hi Guys,

Hi Dan, welcome aboard, glad you found us. Sounds like you could be one of us, however decorum is usually required, information is usually requested, just sayin.

Go around, say "Hi" and or comment, get your post count up, we need pics, good ones and lots of em.

Again, welcome aboard.
Old 06-20-19, 05:46 PM
CO_Hoya 
Señor Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 299 Times in 150 Posts
Pic assist:

Old 06-20-19, 10:31 PM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
I had a Bianchi TSX Ultralight (about a '96). Looked like the "pic assist" bike. I'd be curious, Shimano dropouts maybe? And English threads. Same color, chroming, decals, cable routing, Bianchi engraving. Mine had ovalized tubes, like near bb on seattube I think. Such a beautiful bike. Pearlized paint? Mine came with a chrome columbus stickered steel fork.
Old 06-21-19, 01:10 AM
Dan Chase

Great stuff - thanks to member that found the pics of my bike and listed them - should have mentioned its the classic celeste with quite a lot of pearl in the finish.

Just to be clear its the frame with the black Look carbon forks in the above pics. No idea if it was raced here or the US and it does have a shimano headset.

Thanks, Dan.
Old 06-21-19, 09:49 AM
mrjav
Girardenghista

Bikes: Tommasini SL, Ciöcc SL, Somec MS, Rossin Ghibli, many many more

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Dan,

I have a bunch of 90's translated Bicisport and La Bicicletta Bianchi content on my blog. I'm sitting on a TSX review, so good timing... you'll push me to get that translated and posted (soon).

Masini's Breaking Away Blog: Bianchi
Old 06-24-19, 07:21 AM
Dan Chase

Hi Guys,
Could a member PM Bianchigirl on my behalf regarding this frame - tried to PM her but fell foul of new member limits... hoping she`s the font of bianchi knowledge I`m looking for.

Thanks, Dan.
Old 06-25-19, 03:33 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Hi Guys,
Could a member PM Bianchigirl on my behalf regarding this frame - tried to PM her but fell foul of new member limits... hoping she`s the font of bianchi knowledge I`m looking for.

Thanks, Dan.
I sent her a message. Let's see if she replies.
Old 06-26-19, 01:12 AM
Dan Chase

Great, thanks for that - I`ll be at the magical 10 posts in no time - then perhaps time to share more of my collection on the forum...

Thanks, Dan.
Old 06-27-19, 01:41 PM
Dan Chase

Havn`t heard from Bianchigirl yet, but some of my own research shows that Bianchi did use a lot of HSC forks in the later 90`s race frames - mainly the TI and Alloy frames, but I have found some images of what looks like TSX frames with them - though they might just be swopped out for the chromed steel forks. I also note that in `95/`96 Robert Millar road for Le Groupement with Bianchi TSX`s.... though there`s no way I`m wearing that kit!

Thanks, Dan.