Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

L'Eroica Italy Charity entry

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-15, 05:17 AM
MiloFrance

Bikes: Lots of French, some British and a couple of Italian

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 65 Posts

Hi All. Various house problems and projects have kept me away from all things velo, but hoping to be a bit more active in the next few weeks. A friend didn't get through the lottery for l'Eroica, but the email says he can get in on a charity team ticket (at vast expense...).
Do any of you clever and experienced chaps know how it works? The website is as clear as mud apparently. Does he have to find a team that are riding for a charity and throw his lot in with them?
On a side note, I had a bit of a disaster with my Faggin frame, but more of that in a new thread when I find out what can be done.
Old 03-15-15, 05:54 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 1,107 Times in 414 Posts
Bonjour, I'm pretty sure that charity rides in Europe operate differently than in the USA but we do have organizers now that set the entry fee pretty high. That fee not only covers the basic per-rider expenses but adds a nice chunk of money for the fund raising. The rider can ride alone or 'join' a team (at least join on paper). If the rider does actually talk to a lot of people and mine his contacts lists he/she can offset that entry fee, even exceed it. All good for the charity. The wee trouble is that here, in the spring, there are LOTS of charities working the same population and some folks get tired of all the calls. Finding cash support for events gets harder. I wonder if that is the case in Europe?

Oh, how I hate to hear the terms Faggin frame and disaster in the same breath. Good luck and keep us posted.