Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Introduction

Old 09-09-19, 06:39 AM
JTilghman87

Bikes: GT Series 5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Introduction

Hey everyone,

My name is Justin and I'm from North Carolina. I started riding in 2016. I wanted to do something that was both fun and a form of exercise. It always seemed like the folks on bikes were having a good time, plus it looked really easy on the joints. I ran for a few years before cycling and didn't enjoy the wear on my knees. I started in 2016 with a Denali road bike from Walmart. I didn't want to spend a lot of money if I wasn't going to like it. I enjoyed it but there was something missing, it felt much harder than it should have been. I got up the courage to do my first group ride and quickly realized if I was going to do anything long-term I needed to upgrade my bike; the Denali was great but it wasn't going to work beyond about 10 miles. I upgraded to my current bike, a GTR 5 series. The difference was amazing! The bike alone shaved 2 mph off my pace. It has been a great bike but I do hope to upgrade again in the future. Within a month of getting that bike I was able to ride up to 75 miles a day!

I have really enjoyed cycling so far and think I have found a long-term hobby/exercise that I can enjoy for years to come.
Old 09-09-19, 07:58 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Welcome to the bike world. Have fun and be safe.
Old 09-09-19, 06:06 PM
Happytrails1963

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Welcome to the Bike Forums!
Old 09-12-19, 07:16 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,638 Times in 943 Posts
Welcome Buddy !
Old 09-12-19, 07:14 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 2,167 Times in 1,459 Posts
Welcome Justin. Nice upgrade in bikes! If you haven’t gotten rid of the Denali, my advice is hang on to it. Nothing like having an older bike for bad weather riding or a backup.