Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-19, 05:00 PM
yaysammich
sense of adventure

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from Dallas

hello, my name is Reagan and I’m from Dallas. I’m really excited to be a member of this forum and I can’t wait to meet some of you guys. I hope you get some help with the bike that I just obtained. My last bike was stolen and it really changed my life. Check out my bio. If anybody knows anything about old huffy bikes, please hit me up. Thanks
Old 10-03-19, 05:11 PM
yaysammich
sense of adventure

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Decided to post my Bio

My grandfather loved riding bicycles. I remember riding on the handlebars and he would wave at every neighbor and say, “hello there, how ya doin?” And id get so embarrassed at first. But then, as an adult at 34 Years old, I found myself in the the city of Denver, doing the same thing.After a horrible domestic abuse situation that left me in the ICU for 3 days, then homeless. I found my first bike as an adult... and it changed my life. A Guy had 3 bikes for trade and said I could pick out whichever one I wanted. I picked out a clunker, a 70s openroad men’s bike that was blue but he customized it with red tires, and red brake lines. He told me I didn’t want that bike, that I should take a chameleon painted super expensive mountain bike. The old clunker he told me that he only rode it 3 miles to test, but if I really wantedit, a shop down the street knew the bike and could tighten things up for me. I told him that’s the one I wanted and I could tell he felt kind of bad giving it to me, so he gave me a soda in the cup holder and even 20 bucks to get it tightened up. And boy was it heavy, and squeeked and felt so rickety. But I rode that bike everywhere, and I loved it. That bike gave me my freedom, made me feel invincible, and gave me a sense of adventure that I’d never felt in my life. I could do things on that bike, I could be somebody. For the first time I felt hope. I soon found my own place, a job, and pride. Shortly after, I moved to Dallas and met the love of my life and had a son. My openroad bike was stolen, I just hope whoever stole it, used it well. I have a new bike now I’m trying to fix up, but I can’t find info on it. I’m here trying to find help for that. Thanks for reading.
Old 10-03-19, 06:54 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Welcome Reagan. You had a rough start but cycling makes all things better. Enjoy the forums and you’ll find lots of help and support here.
Old 10-03-19, 07:53 PM
mainaa471

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Hello Reagan, I am new to the forum myself but I must say there is an amazing wealth of knowledge here and some great people. Welcome.
Old 10-03-19, 08:36 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11960 Post(s)
Liked 6,628 Times in 3,476 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums.
Old 10-03-19, 08:48 PM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
Welcome to Bikeforums. Sorry to hear about your abuse but glad you have moved on. Biking can make a difference as you found out. Hope you get your bike the way you want it.
Old 10-13-19, 05:06 PM
dreamcatcher88

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Local Dallas native myself!