Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Juiced Bikes RipRacer

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Juiced Bikes RipRacer

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-23, 03:15 PM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 453 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Yes, it is. It's the handlepost and body of the bike I'm concerned about. The handlepost is cracked at the hinge/locking point. Totally replaceable. I just can't lift it yet to assess the damage to the body of the bike. I'll give an update on it later..
When you're ready, I have a number of them to choose from, even ones that allow usage of regular MTB stem for more options in reach or rise in riding positions:
Likes For cat0020:
Old 08-26-23, 04:48 PM
KPREN

Bikes: 2008 S Works Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, 2016 E Fat Titanium Bike Custom built by me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
You actually said"

Like I said, it had nothing to do with my RipRacer, but you assumed it was. I appreciate the concern and thank you for the information. I'm currently having no motor issues as of yet, but I'll keep an eye on it when I can ride again. I am having the annoying spoke breakage issue though, so they'll eventually need to send me a replacement rear wheel/motor, but it's unrelated to the motor overheating. I also have an extended warranty on this baby, so I'm covered. Hopefully they're not too difficult when it comes to warranty issues.
I could have been much more clear as I assumed nothing but it could be read that way. I was sorry to hear about your accident and that was one thought. Without explanation I commented on earlier posts where you only got 23 miles out of the battery and did some calculations based on other things you said and concluded you might be overheating the motor without realizing it.
I ran simulation on my own bike 52 volt BBSHD mid drive with 11 speed 11X46 rear cassette and realized that in sand and soft conditions that I could overheat the motor pulling to many amps at slow speeds. That was at higher gear ratios that are still below what you must have to get 28 mph out of the bike. It was meant as a heads up once you have recovered.
Likes For KPREN:
Old 08-27-23, 06:00 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 593 Posts
Originally Posted by KPREN
I could have been much more clear as I assumed nothing but it could be read that way. I was sorry to hear about your accident and that was one thought. Without explanation I commented on earlier posts where you only got 23 miles out of the battery and did some calculations based on other things you said and concluded you might be overheating the motor without realizing it.
I ran simulation on my own bike 52 volt BBSHD mid drive with 11 speed 11X46 rear cassette and realized that in sand and soft conditions that I could overheat the motor pulling to many amps at slow speeds. That was at higher gear ratios that are still below what you must have to get 28 mph out of the bike. It was meant as a heads up once you have recovered.
Thanks for looking out,...