Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What saddle is this?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What saddle is this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-21, 03:41 PM
RS5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What saddle is this?

What saddle is this? The brand, type? It says Scape on the side, but all I can find on Google are saddle bags. Information and pictures of other ‘Scape’ saddles is very limited. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is that they seem to be placed alot on Cube bikes. But on the website of Cube I cannot find it either.

Does anyone have any information on the brand or type of this saddle? Does the manufacturer still even exist?

Old 01-27-21, 04:08 PM
FBOATSB

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by RS5
What saddle is this? The brand, type? It says Scape on the side, but all I can find on Google are saddle bags. Information and pictures of other ‘Scape’ saddles is very limited. The only thing I’ve noticed so far is that they seem to be placed alot on Cube bikes. But on the website of Cube I cannot find it either.

Does anyone have any information on the brand or type of this saddle? Does the manufacturer still even exist?

Scape bags and panniers are sold on the website of Brooks of England, which is owned by Selle Royal (Italy), both renowned saddle makers. I'm guessing their line of saddles were discontinued as part of the acquisition. How does that saddle ride? Looks like a rather pronounced seam right in the wrong place JMO
Old 01-27-21, 10:47 PM
Dr.Lou

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 61 Posts
Yeah, looks like something from Selle Italia.
Old 01-29-21, 04:48 PM
RS5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBOATSB
Scape bags and panniers are sold on the website of Brooks of England, which is owned by Selle Royal (Italy), both renowned saddle makers. I'm guessing their line of saddles were discontinued as part of the acquisition. How does that saddle ride? Looks like a rather pronounced seam right in the wrong place JMO
It was already on a mountainbike that I bought secondhand. I resold it later, because I got a higher end model as a gift from someone.

It was a mistake selling that saddle together with the bike, because it was actually really comfortable. Even without bike shorts they felt good. But the outer layer started to come loose, so I figured I rather buy a new one. I have tried nearly 10 different saddles so far, but none has come near the comfort levels of that saddle.

I checked out the website from Sella Royal: cannot find the Scape model. I guess it really has been discontinued then. Perhaps I’ll try a similar looking model of their brand. Hopefully that will heal my sore butt.
Old 01-29-21, 05:17 PM
FBOATSB

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 913 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 344 Posts
I dunno, I thinkDr.Lou nailed it. I've got an old Selle Italia Titanium that kind of mimics that style of your Scape, but I haven't tried it yet and it's kind of beat anyway. Good luck.