Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Eco Cycles in Nashville - still in business? TDSZ

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-23, 08:48 AM
mwhipple

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last fall I purchased a TongSheng TSDZ-2 kit from Eco Cycles to mount on a recumbent. Worked great - until recently. I have the 860c display and it's saying "Error brakes or comms" and no response from the motor. Fully charged battery. I don't have brakes connected, although I do have a throttle. I've disconnected/reconnected all the cabling. Still not luck. I'm guessing the controller is fried - any thoughts?

The Eco Cycles site has had an Opening Soon page for some time now, with an explanation that there were issues updating the web site. Calls and emails to Eco Cycles have not been answered. Anyone know what's going on with this shop? David was great to work with until now.

Thanks,

Mark Whipple

Boston, MA
Volae Expedition with Tong Sheng TSDZ-2 mid-drive
Old 09-13-23, 01:44 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
I think they were "affiliated" (or maybe the same company with a different name) with Re-cycles, but tried to contact that company in June with no success.
Old 09-13-23, 05:02 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2496 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
Hmm. I have one of those motors/controllers. Got as far as mounting all the heavy stuff, but discovered I needed to re-run the shifter and rear brake cables around the motor housing. Project has been stalled for more than a year. I did notice there was a poster on Endless Sphere with whom David collaborated a lot with when they came up with the non-stock operating system. I would take any questions over to Endless Sphere. Summer is often downtime for niche retail outfits like this but things usually get right back on track after Labor Day. I hope David/Eco Cycles are ok.