Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Recommendation For Those Who Like To Ride To The Beach

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-19, 07:19 PM
Papa Tom

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 136 Posts

For years, I have been looking for a compact sand chair to carry on my bicycle when I ride to one of the nearby Long Island beaches. I finally found a cheapo solution in this blow-up thingy I found on Amazon earlier this week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They sell 'em two for $15, so I figured it'd be a piece of garbage that would be on its way back to the seller before the factory smell wore off, but I tried it tonight and it's pretty comfortable. Basically, you blow up the pillow/back rest and lay on the plastic roll-out. Done. I was pretty certain that my back and butt were gonna kill after a few minutes, but I took it out to Teddy Roosevelt Beach in Oyster Bay tonight and sat with my wife for a bit to test it out. A few minutes later, she inadvertently roused me from a deep sleep!

If you, like me, have a beach you like to ride to, this is a worth-have. It's small enough to fit in a pannier or on a rack, easy enough to blow up by mouth, more comfortable than ocean-gazing from your bike saddle, and cheap enough to not have major regrets if it's not exactly what you wanted.
Likes For Papa Tom: