Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Help ID this Peugeot frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-19, 08:29 AM
ack459

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help ID this Peugeot frame

Hi, newbie here. A friend is trying to sell what he thinks is a 1980s Peugeot frame. It has been in storage at their store since the 80s and accidentally stumbled upon it last week; no one remembers the history of this anymore. Since I am new here, it seems I cannot display images yet until I reach 10 posts, so I will try to describe it as best as I can.

1. Frame, minus the fork is colored white (or off white now due to age) and is devoid of any decal. Only ID that it is a Peugeot is the head badge which has the gold lion on a perch over a red background with gold borders; the Peugeot text is in white over a black band with "Super De Luxe" below it in black over a gold band. It also has what appears to be faded impressions of what I think were the red-orange-yellow "rainbow" decals on both the top- and downtubes.

2. There is no serial number visible anywhere and I did read somewhere that Peugeot used to put these on a sticker and stuck it on or near the bottom bracket? There is what appears to be discoloration under the left chainstay--could this be where the SN sticker once was?

3. The dropouts have "GT IV Suntour" markings on them. Did the Japan-made Peugeots use local components?

Any analysis will be much appreciated.
Old 07-10-19, 12:48 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Thread moved from General Cycling forum to Classic & Vintage Appraisals forum.