Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Weight Weenie forum

Old 12-31-19, 03:30 PM
smurfy

Bikes: Classic lugged-steel road, touring, shopping, semi-recumbent, gravel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 32 Posts
Weight Weenie forum

This might be something fun. Discussion of ultra-light bike parts, how to make your bike lighter (whether on a budget or cost-no-object), super-light bikes (whether right at the UCI min. or even half of that weight(!), your bike submission (and,of course, weight), benefits of lightness vs. cost/performance advantage or whatever. This seems to be enough information here to warrant it's own forum.
Old 12-31-19, 03:51 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Political ad content - no!!!

Why was my login session just now preceded by an ad for me to vote that Adam Schiff should be removed from office????

THIS FORUM SHOULD HAVE NO POLITICAL CONTENT. IT SHOULD ACCEPT NO ADS WITH POLITICAL CONTENT.

Lately the ad content on BF has been increasing. I understand that BF is a money-making endeavor. However BF as content-presenter to its paying members should exercise control over what ads can and cannot be displayed. BF would not display lewd ads or ads with content known to be incorrect (as in truth-in-advertising requirements). BF should not display political ads either.
Likes For jimmuller:
Old 01-01-20, 02:11 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
Political ad content - no!!!

Why was my login session just now preceded by an ad for me to vote that Adam Schiff should be removed from office????

THIS FORUM SHOULD HAVE NO POLITICAL CONTENT. IT SHOULD ACCEPT NO ADS WITH POLITICAL CONTENT.

Lately the ad content on BF has been increasing. I understand that BF is a money-making endeavor. However BF as content-presenter to its paying members should exercise control over what ads can and cannot be displayed. BF would not display lewd ads or ads with content known to be incorrect (as in truth-in-advertising requirements). BF should not display political ads either.
+10 @jimmuller. Earlier this year I posted:
Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
Wasn’t possible to make this thread without being politically divisive?
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
+25 to that, @Spoonrobot; my first reaction too. I was not planning to reply to another seemingly inane thread about winter cycling, but that gratuitous, nasty comment was really uncalled for.

@xxx...Frankly IMO, it’s “hate-filled rhetoric” disguised as irony.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 01-01-20 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-01-20, 11:45 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
If I think of a weight weenie it has to be a foot long and my favorite drive in uses actual pickles, not relish. A once a month treat.