Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Alt Bike Culture
Reload this Page >

New Fixed Gear (Newfix)

Notices
Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

New Fixed Gear (Newfix)

Old 09-29-20, 01:04 AM
y0x8
Ups!

Bikes: SE, Polo&Bike, Forward Indie, New Fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 79 Posts
Bicycle evolution
Old 10-01-20, 08:24 AM
CycleCommuter

Bikes: 3Rensho Tandem, Waterford 1200, Gunnar Roadie, Aegis

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
A very interesting design. I am not sure if I would really like to ride it regularly but amazing nevertheless.
Old 10-01-20, 11:21 AM
y0x8
Ups!

Originally Posted by CycleCommuter
A very interesting design. I am not sure if I would really like to ride it regularly but amazing nevertheless.
Thank you for your feedback! I believe that there are no universal bikes, each bike is built for a specific task. I'm a fan, I only ride fixed gear. I have them, except newfix three pieces. Two summer and one winter with studded tires. Summer one for the fan, the other utilitarian, for cargo transportation.
Old 10-05-20, 04:54 AM
y0x8
Ups!

This is me and Newfix. By the way, the fixed gear is double, with gear ratios 73.4 / 177 inches
Likes For y0x8:
Old 10-05-20, 03:46 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 654 Posts
Wow, 177 gear inches, this is a speed bike. Good job on the build. The fork has a rake that looks to be built for speed too.

The seat also looks purpose made since the front chainwheel with the bigger gearing you will be pushing forward more than downward, you will need that section of seat that curves up to keep you in place.

It does look similar to the world speed record bike ridden by Denise Muller Korenek.
Old 10-05-20, 09:51 PM
y0x8
Ups!

Originally Posted by Velo Mule
Wow, 177 gear inches, this is a speed bike. Good job on the build. The fork has a rake that looks to be built for speed too.

The seat also looks purpose made since the front chainwheel with the bigger gearing you will be pushing forward more than downward, you will need that section of seat that curves up to keep you in place.

It does look similar to the world speed record bike ridden by Denise Muller Korenek.
Thanks! You're very accurate. It remains to adjust the saddle height - it feels a little short. With the torsion of the connecting rods in low gear, I stopped feeling small inclines - the vertical position of the seat tube in the power pedaling affects.
Old 10-09-20, 02:37 PM
kkleine

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Wow this bike is great
Old 11-26-20, 12:14 PM
y0x8
Ups!

Everything is learned by comparison. The yellow color indicates the existing newfix transmission, and the orange color indicates the one that will be assembled in the next season. For comparison, the road 24 SC bike Scott is taken. 0-10-gear ratios. The difference between the fixed gear is that in second gear, Newfix allows you to go " out " ("cardan") - these are dark yellow and orange areas. On the highway at a speed of about 70 km / h, a "cut-off" occurs - it is impossible to turn a high cadence and the overtaking clutch is triggered: the bike begins to move by inertia (white area). Here comes into force aerodynamics, which dampens the speed (about 80-90 km / h). It is not possible to adjust in this mode (free running is enabled) - the maximum speed depends on the slope. At Newfix, in the fight against aerodynamics, you can continue to "gimbal": cadence and rigid transmission allow you to do this. The more physically prepared the rider is and the steeper and longer the descents, the more pronounced the difference between the two systems - fixed and free running. By the way, the bright yellow and orange zones of the 1st stage of Newfix are the transmission zones of conventional fixed gear. They are on a par with the lowest stage of the highway (blue area - the 35T front star is turned on). That's why fixed gear is "slower" than road racers, they do not have the highest stage like Scott (purple area-48T front star is turned on). The yellow light area is the transmission (number three) of a simple fixed gear, the maximum speed is limited to 40 km/h.