Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

2011 cannondale stoker top tube length

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-11, 10:02 PM
chadne

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi

Does anyone know the new top tube length cannondale is bragging about on their site? No dealers in socal have on or any tandem knowledge for that matter.

Thanks

Chad
Old 07-25-11, 10:23 AM
specbill
Riding Heaven's Highwayson the grand tour

Bikes: '10 C'Dale Tandem RT2. '07 Trek Tandem T2000, '10 Epic Marathon MTB, '12 Rocky Mountain Element 950 MTB, '95 C'dale R900, "04 Giant DS 2 '07 Kona Jake the Snake, '95 Nishiki Backroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
...not sure how much this will help but our large/small 2010 C'dale Road 2, measured a very small fraction over 27 inches when measured from the top of the seat tubes centers along the stokers downward sloping top tube. But if measured perfectly horizontal from the top of the center of the captains seat tube to the center point of the stoker seat post, the length was right at 28 inches.
Regarding the 2011 models, while I have not seen any in person, every picture that I've seen looks exactly like our 10 model including the 'Made in the USA decals which I thought I read somewhere on this forum was expected to change.
Lastly, one quirk of our '10 model was that regardless of the numbers, the stoker compartment was too long for my 5'3'' wife resulting in her handlebars being too far away from he. Much to my surprise we had a difficult time finding a longer adjustable stoker stem...C'dale did not make one, our LBS had no solution but finally Mel at Tandems East fixed us up with one that did the job.
FWIW our '10 is a nice tandem and while it is not our favorite yet (we still love our '90 C'dale and are a bit more comfortable/faster on our 07 Trek t2000), when you look at the '10s component level, paint/finish quality and overall package for the money it is a real value.
Bill J.
Old 07-25-11, 11:42 AM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chadne
Does anyone know the new top tube length cannondale is bragging about on their site? No dealers in socal have on or any tandem knowledge for that matter.
Cannondale's website has become far less useful following the company's acquisition by Doral, i.e., geometry is gone, previous model history is gone, etc.

The content is also not updated all that often and what you're seeing on the current site is the same "new" features they announced back in 2008 when the frames were last updated.

Here's a link to a posting made on September 30, 2008 regarding the change in stoker compartment that is still being 'touted" on their Tandem page.

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ndale-geometry

Note: FWIW, Stoker compartment length is typically cited as the distance measured seat post to seat post parallel to the ground (virtual).

When I last checked with someone in the know, the tandems were still being made in the US... about the only Cannondale being made in the US for that matter. It's still a matter of when, not if frame fabrication will be moved overseas. And, yes... the C'dale is still one heck of a nice piece of kit for the price.
Old 07-25-11, 04:32 PM
idcruiserman
Mmmmm potatoes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cannondale bike archive is still available.
Old 07-25-11, 05:43 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by idcruiserman
Cannondale bike archive is still available.
Not for tandems.... Check it out: click Specialty or Recreation.