Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Who makes Rivendell-type bicycles & bicycle frames?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Who makes Rivendell-type bicycles & bicycle frames?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 09:39 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,543 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
Off topic but I cannot resist. Picked up that rusty Pro Miyata frame ('83) last summer and decked it out with Cyclone brakes and derailleurs, GEL330 tubular rims, 23c and 25c Veloflex rubber. (Nearly the biggest that will fit. Even number widths are hard to find.) That bike! That ride! Takes me back to the race bike I loved. And pushes me to ride harder!)
lol my 84 miyata with the fantastic ride is especially nice on gel 330 with so so challenge 25 tubular there is a lot to be said for a light wheelset with pumped up tubies it is not bad with ma40 and 28 mm gravel kings, but sublime with the gel 330 and tubies

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 07-14-23, 05:49 PM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by twolve
Thanks! An unfortunate shipping experience led to a new Chris Kvale paint job and new fenders, now it's like a new bike again.

I know you've had a lot of nice bikes, but I think you'd be happy with that Goodrich someday!
A Chris Kvale refinish is, in my opinion, as good as it gets.
I've owned four of his bikes and each finish is spot on.
Lucky you!
Old 07-21-23, 05:56 PM
fvernon

Bikes: BMC Road V2; '17 Marin Pine Mountain 2; '91 Marinoni Special TSX; '89 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp; '98 Salsa La Cruz; '79 Centurion Pro Tour; '77 Romic custom sport-tour; '77 Centurion Semi-Pro; '23 Kona Sutra LTD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by bargo68
Fitz Cycles in Santa Rosa, Ca.
I came in here to say this--he built my wife's randonneuse/tourer; it's excellent. I'd definitely recommend checking out Fitz if you're looking for a nice custom build and want to maintain a particular vintage aesthetic.
Old 07-21-23, 07:10 PM
nlerner

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 3811 Post(s)
Liked 6,711 Times in 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by fvernon
I came in here to say this--he built my wife's randonneuse/tourer; it's excellent. I'd definitely recommend checking out Fitz if you're looking for a nice custom build and want to maintain a particular vintage aesthetic.
I really like my Fitz though the straight-bladed fork doesn’t quite fit the C&V aesthetic.

Likes For nlerner: