Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Peugeot Canyon Express - heavy photos

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Peugeot Canyon Express - heavy photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-14, 10:51 AM
cooperryder

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 1,508 Times in 409 Posts
And I failed to mention:
Smokinapankake, your Canyon Express looks terrific and what a deal!

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing. I am learning more about these Peugeot mtb's from this.

I hope you enjoy many great miles on yours.
Old 12-16-23, 02:15 PM
Smokinapankake

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 681 Times in 261 Posts
Old zombie thread I know but I still have this old bike. It’s been through some changes…

Found another exactly like this one only a couple sizes smaller, so I took its fork and added a Threadless steer column to it. While that was in the works I had the frame powder coated in the red and silver you see here. Rebuilt with new wheels and a like new 7 speed Shimano LX component group. Also put on my favorite handlebar of all time, a Kalloy AL-030 in black, 610 width. Such a nice rider!

I still want to have some low rider mounts brazed on to the fork; that’s why it isn’t painted to match, but once that’s done I’ll call it complete. Add some racks front and rear and we’ll be in expedition mode!
Likes For Smokinapankake:
Old 12-17-23, 09:41 AM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 127 Posts
Originally Posted by cycleheimer
I recently got hooked on these old Peugeot MTBs. I first got a chrome U.S. Express. Did some research on Peugeot MTBs, and was impressed with the Canyon Express. A week later I got a Japanese made Orient Express. I've been thoroughly through both bikes, and they now ride like new. Yesterday I replaced the gumwalls on the O.E. with blackwalls. The O.E. has a really nice lugged frame and bull moose bars that remind me of the first production MTBs of 30 years ago.

I wound up getting an '84 Canyon Express in my size. First year, top-of-the-line production line ATB from Peugeot. The Cobalt Blue paint is brautiful!
Likes For cycleheimer:
Old 12-17-23, 09:51 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokinapankake

Is the pump peg on the back of the seat tube stock, or did you have that added? Neat bike- I've kind of had my eye out for a tall Canyon Express for a while, but haven't found one yet!
Old 12-17-23, 11:36 AM
Smokinapankake

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 681 Times in 261 Posts
Yes, it us stock. there's a matching peg at the bottom of the seat tube as well, near the bottom bracket. Never seen dual pegs like that on any bike before.