Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

I Wish Someone Would Put Together and Sticky a List of Cargo Bikes

Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Old 08-12-19, 12:27 PM
TomAllyn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

On my wishlist is to build a "compact" e-cargo " bike with a Bafang BBSHD or the new Bafang Ultra. What I would like to find is something similar to Cero electric bike frame. I would use the bike to commute to work 15 miles each way, replace my jeep for most local travel, grocery shopping, and more. For me I'm fairly convinced that a frame like the Cero would be perfect. I don't like baskets that are attached to the front fork and move with the front wheel. As my title says I Wish Someone Would Put Together and Sticky a List of Cargo Bikes because I've already found a couple by looking around here that have never come up during Google searches. Another bike I am keeping my eye's open for a is the Raleigh Lorry. I'd really like to find something used as I very much enjoy restoring bikes and building up from frames.

Would you all mind providing a list of bikes similar to the Cero and the Lorry if there is enough of them.
Likes For TomAllyn:
Old 10-13-19, 08:29 AM
Pfhlick

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Omnium Cargo making some really interesting lightweight front loading bikes. I can't post a link yet but they are googleable. They will ship to the US apparently.

Raleigh Lorry caught my eye as well but I've never got to see one in real life and worry the racking wouldn't hold up. Saw the Omnium and they seem like the pro version. I really want to try one.
Old 10-14-19, 09:42 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Pfhlick
Omnium Cargo making some really interesting lightweight front loading bikes. I can't post a link yet but they are googleable. They will ship to the US apparently.

Raleigh Lorry caught my eye as well but I've never got to see one in real life and worry the racking wouldn't hold up. Saw the Omnium and they seem like the pro version. I really want to try one.
I can post links. Here you go: https://omniumcargo.dk/
Old 10-14-19, 11:19 PM
Pfhlick

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks! You should post Workcycles as well in that case. They are like the diesel version of Lorry, there is a dealer in Boston area and those bikes ride like a dream with or without the whole family piled on top. I liked it but they are super expensive and very heavy. Omnium seems enough lighter to be easier handling in some situations... but I've never seen one yet.

In any case, the frame (as opposed to fork/headset) attached front racking is a lot of fun to ride and is a nice way to carry stuff.
Old 10-18-19, 02:42 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Have you gone to electric bicycle review?