Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

No More ProBikeKit For Me

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

No More ProBikeKit For Me

Old 09-22-20, 07:45 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by jay4usc
ask PBK for a refund if they deny it, complain it to your Credit Card company and let them deal with the company plus they will refund you. You will probably receive your package in a month and just keep it.
I just now had my secretary download, print complaint form, me fill out said form and sign, upload form to PBK. You are probably right about the package arriving later. It really irks me because this is DHL’s prob and is most likely hung up in the computer system as it sits in their wherehouse. Post Office says I need a tracking number to which I haven’t received. DHL robot chat said package is available for pickup. A simple glitch. Oh well, I will know what PBK says about it within 48 hours.
Old 09-22-20, 07:53 PM
jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
I just now had my secretary download, print complaint form, me fill out said form and sign, upload form to PBK. You are probably right about the package arriving later. It really irks me because this is DHL’s prob and is most likely hung up in the computer system as it sits in their wherehouse. Post Office says I need a tracking number to which I haven’t received. DHL robot chat said package is available for pickup. A simple glitch. Oh well, I will know what PBK says about it within 48 hours.
At least your protected from your credit card company. It would irk me too to have to go through it! This happened several times to me from eBay and both times I received a refund and free stuff that arrived months later. Best scenario you get a free set of tires after you get your refund.
Likes For jay4usc:
Old 09-23-20, 07:16 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Early this morning I’m messenging with a rep from PBK. He is calling DHL to see where the problem is. I just might get the tires in a week or 3.
Old 09-30-20, 11:56 AM
OldsCOOL

PBK said my tires will be here via postal this am according to the tracking number supplied. Their man Vlad has been doing ok...except my address was not where the package was delivered. Hah. Ask me if I am surprised. So I used the USPS tracking number to search the package history. That devious little package has been all over the state of Michigan going to at least 6 different destinations. That is something I wanted to share with MR Vlad at customer service. What I don’t understand is why PBK customer service has my order number complete with my address and other accounts at this same address. So I had to tell them where I live. How did USPS and DHL lose the address and why did they just take a wild flying guess at the address? I expect the box and labelling to be a damaged mess if it ever makes it here. Everybody is screwing up a simple order.
Old 09-30-20, 12:18 PM
BFisher

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,898 Times in 889 Posts
I will say that if I were running customer service at Probikekit, I'd overnight you a new set on the house.

Supply chains are wonky and it sucks, for sure.
Likes For BFisher:
Old 09-30-20, 01:25 PM
jay4usc
Live Healthy

Bikes: Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 92 Posts
PBK said my tires will be here via postal this am according to the tracking number supplied. Their man Vlad has been doing ok...except my address was not where the package was delivered. Hah. Ask me if I am surprised. So I used the USPS tracking number to search the package history. That devious little package has been all over the state of Michigan going to at least 6 different destinations. That is something I wanted to share with MR Vlad at customer service. What I don’t understand is why PBK customer service has my order number complete with my address and other accounts at this same address. So I had to tell them where I live. How did USPS and DHL lose the address and why did they just take a wild flying guess at the address? I expect the box and labelling to be a damaged mess if it ever makes it here. Everybody is screwing up a simple order.
I told you to just call your credit card company and file a claim.
Old 09-30-20, 02:06 PM
OldsCOOL

Originally Posted by jay4usc
I told you to just call your credit card company and file a claim.
And it may yet come to that.
Old 09-30-20, 03:04 PM
OldsCOOL

Originally Posted by Chuckk
I think I had three DHL shipments in the last several years. One went to their Dallas center and two to Houston for hand off to USPS.
One of the Houston ones went through like grease through a goose, but the other two disappeared between being transferred by DHL and being accepted by USPS.
Just disappeared, never accepted by USPS. I wonder where the security problem is.
In a day where good, honest and hardworking people are uncommon, it would be no stretch to think packages “disappear” when something looks valuable. Mine is simply like that piece of luggage in claims that goes round and round.
Old 10-07-20, 08:16 AM
OldsCOOL

After waiting the past week for customer service to investigate the latest errant “let’s send the package on a tour” via DHL I was given the choice of refund or new tire shipment. Beyond my initial 50.00 ticket to a crap show, This has become a quest to determine if ProBikeKit can get this right. Back to square one awaiting a tracking number.
Old 10-07-20, 09:01 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
After waiting the past week for customer service to investigate the latest errant “let’s send the package on a tour” via DHL I was given the choice of refund or new tire shipment. Beyond my initial 50.00 ticket to a crap show, This has become a quest to determine if ProBikeKit can get this right. Back to square one awaiting a tracking number.
Crazy bad.
Maybe they don’t like Cannondale Crit Bikes.

crank_addict rec’d his 3 700x30 Vittoria tubulars from PBK and DHL in 3 days for $9.99 shipping. He’s banned here, but wishes you the best of luck.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 10-07-20 at 09:25 AM.
Likes For RobbieTunes:
Old 10-07-20, 10:04 AM
OldsCOOL

Originally Posted by RobbieTunes
Crazy bad.
Maybe they don’t like Cannondale Crit Bikes.

crank_addict rec’d his 3 700x30 Vittoria tubulars from PBK and DHL in 3 days for $9.99 shipping. He’s banned here, but wishes you the best of luck.
Be sure to tell him he is missed here.

Viva La Criterium Series!!
Old 10-13-20, 08:32 AM
OldsCOOL

Finally, the long awaited shipment arrived. Originally this was supposed to be a 3-5 business day wait. Total time and hassle amounted to 40 days. That is the biblical number for tests and trials. I have myself a sermon illustration with no thanks to PBK. I’ll mount them on the ‘83 UO-14 and test ride later. Should be a huge improvement over the 10+yr old Bontrager B Sport 25’s that are currently in use. Pics later.