Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fatbikes
Reload this Page >

Quick thoughts about this Rack

Search
Notices
Fatbikes Designed for use in sand, mud or snow, Fat bikes are the right choice for true all-terrain riding. Check here for the latest on these fun, adventurous two-wheeled machines.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-20, 08:48 AM
MtSprinter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just a quick thoughts on this one please.

This post was requested by my father's friend. He's a fat bike user, also his 2 sons. I don't know but I saw on their pics that they are using Norco fatbikes. (for what it's worth lol)

He was asking if anyone here are using or familiar on this kind of bike rack https://www.levittownfordparts.com/s...9955100-a.html - it's for their old ford pick up.

Specifically, the question he wanted to be answered is if this thing could handle fat bikes or just a normal MTB/Gravel/Racer. The only brand he mentioned was Thule and Yakima.

Looking forward for your comments. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-29-20, 01:02 PM
Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Bike Rack

Originally Posted by MtSprinter
Just a quick thoughts on this one please.

This post was requested by my father's friend. He's a fat bike user, also his 2 sons. I don't know but I saw on their pics that they are using Norco fatbikes. (for what it's worth lol)

He was asking if anyone here are using or familiar on this kind of bike rack https://www.levittownfordparts.com/s...9955100-a.html - it's for their old ford pick up.

Specifically, the question he wanted to be answered is if this thing could handle fat bikes or just a normal MTB/Gravel/Racer. The only brand he mentioned was Thule and Yakima.

Looking forward for your comments. Thank you in advance.
Might want to try the general forum...this one doesn't see a lot of traffic during the off season for fat bikes. I mean I ride my all year long, but others, not so much. I don't have that particular style rack, but if only hauling 3 bikes, don't see why they couldn't be spaced out enough to work.
Old 07-30-20, 01:18 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
I didn't answer either because I use a mini van for my bikes and just toss them in the back but the tailgate cover in question should work. If it's a normal fat bike (26" - 29" tires) the spacing between tire and frame downtube looks to be the same as a normal mtb.