Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bike Rack - Wheel Mount for a receiver style hitch or Trunk Mount style?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 09:17 PM
Namida12
Using antix-17.4.1

Bikes: Fuji SST 1.0, Chorus equipped Ridley Excalibur, Novara XR, KHS Classic, Basso Tri-Color, 1982 Bianchi Nuova Touring, Blue Max Plateau EX, Heavy Mongoose Hilltopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I have an 1996 Corolla I use for auto transportation, and want to add a secure bike rack, for cost reasons I have been looking at trunk mount racks, living in Vegas we have few wet days that will rust a scratched trunk from adding or removing this style bike rack. But I have wondered about adding a Receiver Style Hitch for a bike rack.

Cost I need a hitch and rack, looking at the use verses the cost and car/bike damage I am quite still stuffing the bike into the back seat on a painter cloth. I purchased a larger 1991 Treck Antelope from garage sale this last weekend, and had to pick it up with the car, after a extended stint in trying to place the bicycle in the car, I finally used duck tape to keep an open door from swinging about to get the bike into back seat and home...

I have now become motivated in getting a bike rack... I was looking at a 2 Bike Hitch Mounted Rack w Wheel Mount , would have made life easy bringing the hybrid bicycle home...

Any one use this model, or similar style with a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" receiver hitch? Or is there a less expensive suggestion?
https://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-R...ck/A30901.html

JR

Last edited by Namida12; 10-27-10 at 09:18 PM. Reason: link