Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

WTB - 57-58cm Vintage & Classic Road Bike

Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

Old 02-21-20, 08:45 PM
anthonylangford

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi all! Upon receiving some great advice from everyone, I've decided on chipping in for a membership and posting here to look for a new ride. A good number of you suggested looking for a DeRosa to replace my Specialized Allez Pro, on which the seatstay is bent beyond repair. In another round of unfortunate events, my freehub seized up a couple days ago leaving me without my much loved daily ride. An initial search revealed De Rosas to be beautiful and seemingly well made bikes, though also mostly on the outer range of my budget save for a few. I'm hoping to salvage the campy gruppo and find either a frameset or a complete ride without top of the line components. In the meantime, I'll be riding my partner's Terry that WGB helped me find at the Bufallo Co-op!

I should also note that I'm currently based in Toronto, ON. I realize that might make for a hefty shipping tag from down south, so I'd be more than open to driving to come pick it up from you if you're relatively close by.

If you're curious as to what I was riding previously, you can find some photos in my last post here https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...rameset-2.html.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-24-20, 08:24 AM
100bikes
Industry guy

Bikes: To many to name - I ride a custom built steel frame.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 48 Posts
I have a 1972 (datecode on Campagnolo Record rear derailleur) era Raleigh international, updates when new to be full Campagnolo in a 58cm.
Condition is 7.5-8/10.

Original owner drilled downtube for for a bottle cage, and I actually corrected his mistake and inserted nutserts.

To same $ in shipping, I could ship to US receiver.

Would accept $1100, US plus shipping.
Part out value is $1300 based on equivalents I have found.
More photos available
Let me know if you are interested. Thanks,
rusty
Old 02-24-20, 05:37 PM
anthonylangford

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 100bikes
I have a 1972 (datecode on Campagnolo Record rear derailleur) era Raleigh international, updates when new to be full Campagnolo in a 58cm.
Condition is 7.5-8/10.

Original owner drilled downtube for for a bottle cage, and I actually corrected his mistake and inserted nutserts.

To same $ in shipping, I could ship to US receiver.

Would accept $1100, US plus shipping.
Part out value is $1300 based on equivalents I have found.
More photos available
Let me know if you are interested. Thanks,
rusty
Hey rusty, she's absolutely gorgeous and I would be really interested if my budget would allow for it. With shipping and the exchange rate, CAD$1600-1700 is too much for me to swing right now. All things considered, $800-1000 is about as high as I can go at the moment.
Old 02-26-20, 05:36 AM
celesteguy 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 54 Posts
I've got a 57cm c-t Bianchi Trofeo ($600) and Colnago Sprint ($800). Both have 56cm top tubes, and are somewhat on par with a DeRosa. I would consider selling just the framesets.
Bianchi:

Colnago:
Old 02-26-20, 08:12 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts
You have a group off your old bike, right? So do you prefer a frame over a complete bike? That will help with shipping. Also you might want to post a WTB in the C&V for sale forum as well.

A few questions. Are you looking for 126 OLD in a frame? Are you looking for a 57-58 measured center to top or measured center to center?
Old 02-26-20, 11:34 AM
anthonylangford

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by celesteguy
I've got a 57cm c-t Bianchi Trofeo ($600) and Colnago Sprint ($800). Both have 56cm top tubes, and are somewhat on par with a DeRosa. I would consider selling just the framesets.
Colnago:
Wow, this Colnago Sprint is gorgeous. I am looking for a 57-58cm c-c. I would've been really interested if it were the right fit. Thanks celesteguy!
Old 02-26-20, 11:40 AM
anthonylangford

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
You have a group off your old bike, right? So do you prefer a frame over a complete bike? That will help with shipping. Also you might want to post a WTB in the C&V for sale forum as well.

A few questions. Are you looking for 126 OLD in a frame? Are you looking for a 57-58 measured center to top or measured center to center?
I have some components, yes, but the wheelset and front derailleur need replacing either way so I'm definitely open to a complete bike.

So the hub spacing can be any size, and the ideal frame would be 57-58cm measured center to center.
Old 11-28-20, 10:30 PM
ThatsOK Cyril
“I understand...”

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 5 Posts

Hey Anthony, I have the “plug and play” frameset version of that bike in a 56cm size. Judging from the seat height of yours, a 56 might fit you better. Mine’s dark blue, so dark that it looks black, with yellow decals. Barely used but mothballed 15yrs ago. I liked it but never rode it after getting my Merckx Titanium (really a Litespeed). I distinctly remember the first ride after I built the steel Allez. I had been riding a Specialized Allez Epic (carbon tubes) and when I rode this I had the distinct notion someone had carpeted the streets in my town. It just felt distinctly and profoundly “quieter”. The street imperfections were notably “hushed” and smooth. Both the Epic and the steel Allez have the same Specialized alloy fork so the ride quality differences were specifically from the frameset. If you’re still in the market lemme know. You could save $$$ on a simple plug-and-play frame replacement versus a whole new bike. -Cy

Last edited by ThatsOK Cyril; 11-28-20 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-29-20, 02:50 PM
anthonylangford

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatsOK Cyril

Hey Anthony, I have the “plug and play” frameset version of that bike in a 56cm size. Judging from the seat height of yours, a 56 might fit you better. Mine’s dark blue, so dark that it looks black, with yellow decals. Barely used but mothballed 15yrs ago. I liked it but never rode it after getting my Merckx Titanium (really a Litespeed). I distinctly remember the first ride after I built the steel Allez. I had been riding a Specialized Allez Epic (carbon tubes) and when I rode this I had the distinct notion someone had carpeted the streets in my town. It just felt distinctly and profoundly “quieter”. The street imperfections were notably “hushed” and smooth. Both the Epic and the steel Allez have the same Specialized alloy fork so the ride quality differences were specifically from the frameset. If you’re still in the market lemme know. You could save $$$ on a simple plug-and-play frame replacement versus a whole new bike. -Cy
Hi Cyril,

Thanks for reaching out with this - I’m sending you a message about it now.

Cheers,
Anthony