Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Katakura Silk Sport

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Katakura Silk Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-20, 06:25 PM
E.blan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Katakura Silk Sport

Hopefully I can fix this up asap... Any pointers, or what bots would be greatly appreciated 👍

Dawes-man check it out
Old 08-01-20, 09:15 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,018 Times in 664 Posts
That looks like a time capsule. It is missing a few parts and it look like the front brake caliper was replaced. Do you have the brake levers? It looks like it was originally a nice Coppertone color like Schwinn, but the color has worn and faded over the years.

What size tires are they? 26" x 1-3/8"? Somehow, they don't look like 27" to my eyes.

You probably already know this but that rear derailleur is not mounted correctly.
Old 08-01-20, 09:28 PM
E.blan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
That looks like a time capsule. It is missing a few parts and it look like the front brake caliper was replaced. Do you have the brake levers? It looks like it was originally a nice Coppertone color like Schwinn, but the color has worn and faded over the years.

What size tires are they? 26" x 1-3/8"? Somehow, they don't look like 27" to my eyes.

You probably already know this but that rear derailleur is not mounted correctly.
Good eye on the tires man 👍 exactly what they are! I have the original break levers but they seem ready to go out soon, Im thinking of buying some vintage levers soon
Old 08-02-20, 05:11 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
How tall are you? A 26” wheel “10 speed” is more of a kids bike than something an adult would regularly ride.

it looks like a low end “boom bike” from the ‘70s. The rear derailleur is mounted incorrectly and the front one is broken.

I don’t know what your intentions are for this, but if you’re looking for a sturdy bike to commute on or exercise I’d seriously consider stopping work on this and look for something slightly bigger and in better shape.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk