Search
Notices
Adaptive Cycling: Handcycles, Amputee Adaptation, Visual Impairment, and Other Needs Have a need for adaptive equipment to ride to compensate for a disability or loss of limb or function? This area is for discussion among those of us in the cycling world that are coming back from traumatic circumstances and tell the world, "No, you are not going to beat me down!"

Help Jessi get an eBike

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-20, 07:20 AM
CampVica

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Help Jessi get an eBike

Hi,
I am raising money for my leg amputated partner, who would love to be able to cycle more regularly as well as go on longer bicycle holidays in the future.
She's on a rather low wage and it will take her a couple of years before she can finance this on her own, so I thought I'd help out myself but also reach out to the cycle community.

Jessi is altruistic, caring and the most generous person I have ever met. She has a way with people that just opens doors, no matter who you are or what your background is, she brings joy to people wherever she goes. I am so fortunate to share my life with her.

Some years ago, before I met her, Jessi was in a work-related accident. She was working overtime at a shoe company with a high degree of pressure from the management. Due to very unfortunate events she accidentally got her foot stuck in a machine meant for compressing waste products. If it wasn't for a janitor close by who heard her, and managed to pull her out, she would not be around today.

If you can, I would be ever grateful if you would want to help out gofundme.com/f/ebike-for-jessi
And of course, if you find this thread unsuitable for these forums, I apologise in advance.

With kindness
Viktor
Old 05-02-20, 09:01 AM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked 742 Times in 422 Posts
Make sure it fits you as well, because it's a $13,500 USD bike.
Old 05-04-20, 02:30 PM
CampVica

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well I'm perfectly happy with a regular road bike. And naturally I'd be helping her out as well in funding the bike. Probably not going to get the most expensive one though, don't think we'll come that far
Old 06-12-20, 07:40 AM
seedsbelize 
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
That address doesn't take me to a functional site. I have to type it in. If you could make it into a blue link it might work better. For me, anyway, an internet feeb if ever there was one.