Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

need advice on buying a bike new rider

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 06-06-20, 07:31 PM
moelkster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, i'm new to riding infact aint really rid a bike since a kid, but i've hopped onto the corona bike craze and want to ride a bike of my own, I am a keyworker at two jobs and want to avoid public transport. both jobs are no further than about 3-4 miles. although in future I will be using the bike for many more miles up to 100+ miles. anyway I digress I want to know if anyone here has any information on this bike.

"AMMACO FBR750 SPORTS HYBRID BIKE"

its the only bike I can actually find in stock, I've read about ammaco's before and people say they aren't good haha. i'm very limited on where I can purchase at the moment as well since i'm using the cyclescheme with a £400 and a lot of small stores aren't accepting it at the moment. if anyone has any other store suggestions that accept cyclescheme other than halfords and decathalon that would be great.

also would love to know the info on this bike i'm interested in.

thanks guys, stay safe
Old 06-06-20, 08:27 PM
greatscott

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Club, Suntour ARX; 2013 Lynskey Peloton, mostly 105 with Ultegra rear derailleur, Enve 2.0 fork; 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c, full Deore with TRP dual piston mech disk brakes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 71 Posts
I'm sorry but that bike is a bit obscure so not a lot of information about, but sells for $380 which is a low end bike, not sure if I would trust the bike for long distance riding, but it is a good starting point for a beginner, then if you find yourself doing a 100 mile ride you can get a better bike.
Likes For greatscott:
Old 06-06-20, 09:28 PM
Wttnwa

Bikes: 2003 Allez Specialized Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Not a bad bike for the money

I am new here so that this for what it is worth. All the reviews that I saw were from the UK and they were pretty good reviews. If you keep riding, this probably won’t be the one and only bike that you will ever own but I think it would be a good start. My first bike was a Walmart bike and I rode that for 3 or 4 years. Like you said, bikes are hard to find right now and money is also an issue for most people, it was for me. If you like the bike and they have the proper size, I think that it will work for you as your first bike..
Likes For Wttnwa: