Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Circa 2004 cramerotti 4u2c

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-20, 01:32 AM
Negealum

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Circa 2004 cramerotti 4u2c

I have a bike I bought years ago and used for a few months and finally took it out of storage. Not sure what the value is but I it has a campagnolo record 10 groupset and other parts which were nice at the time I purchased it (can't remember the details)

I have pictures but it won't let me post on here as I am too new.

Any help on value is appreciated!

Last edited by Negealum; 10-11-20 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-12-20, 12:20 PM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 55 Posts
Cramerotti was a Canadian brand based out of Vancouver. From what I've read, the owner, Guisseppe Cramerotti, ran a high-end bicycle store called La Bicicletta (it's still around) and imported frames from Italy to be sold eponymously. Cramerotti frames and bikes were of high quality and used examples come up for sale on a semi-frequent basis here in the Vancouver area.

Your bike, a
4u2c, was made from Dedacciai U2, an aluminum tubing. While this was top quality stuff, aluminum tends not to be as desirable as a steel frame, so this will affect the value. I believe the 4u2c was released in the early 2000s which corresponds with the release of 10-speed Campagnolo Record.

As for value, something like what you have would normally fetch between $800 and $1,200 CAD here in Vancouver if it was in very good condition, but that would not be typical of most markets given Cramerotti's low profile.

You can upload pictures into your "picture & albums" folder in your Control Panel settings, so we can see them that way.

Last edited by NatusEstInSuht; 10-12-20 at 12:26 PM.
Likes For NatusEstInSuht:
Old 10-12-20, 10:03 PM
Negealum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank to so much for your reply. I have uploaded pictures into my profile. Is there anything else I need to do for you to see them?
Old 10-12-20, 11:24 PM
NatusEstInSuht

Bikes: 1970's Piasentin Super Vitus 971, 1979 Carlton Professional, 2005 Trek 5000, 2011 Niner EMD, 2018 Argon 18 XRoad, 1990 Diamondback Master TG Centurion

2004 Cramerotti 4U2C - Dedacciai U2 Tubing

Hi Negealum,

Your Cramerotti appears to be in immaculate condition. Did you ever ride it? It looks brand new.

I'd say it could sell for $1,200 CAD or perhaps up to $1,500 CAD ($750 to $1,100 USD) to the right buyer. The bike's tubing, Dedacciai U2, was one of the lightest aluminum tubesets every made. While it was very light - it wasn't unusual to see frames made from this rare tubing to come in at around 1,000 grams - Dedacciai U2 had a reputation of being a bit fragile. As your frame has carbon seat stays, it's definitely a featherweight.

Photo album of Negealum's 2004 Cramerotti 4U2C: https://www.bikeforums.net/g/picture/19427143

2004 Cramerotti 4U2C Dedacciai U2

Old 10-12-20, 11:31 PM
Negealum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there thank you for all the great information. I had this bike built by campione cycles here in Calgary and only rode it a couple of times (I was trying hard to date a girl who was into triathlons haha). Do you think it is worthwhile to get new tires etc before I sell it? It's been in storage for the last 16 years ... Would there be anything else I should be looking at replacing it with? And lastly any advice on where I should sell this kind of bike since it seems to be a higher end but outdated bike? Than you again for all your hel !
Old 10-13-20, 09:27 AM
NatusEstInSuht

Originally Posted by Negealum
Hi there thank you for all the great information. I had this bike built by campione cycles here in Calgary and only rode it a couple of times (I was trying hard to date a girl who was into triathlons haha). Do you think it is worthwhile to get new tires etc before I sell it? It's been in storage for the last 16 years ... Would there be anything else I should be looking at replacing it with? And lastly any advice on where I should sell this kind of bike since it seems to be a higher end but outdated bike? Than you again for all your hel !
I wouldn't bother replacing a thing on the bike as you're going to sell it. You'll never recoup the money. Let the next owner decide if she/he wishes to replace the tires and brake pads. Besides, the pictures of the original tires in pristine condition are worth more as they'll clearly show the bike was hardly ridden. I would give the bike a once over clean for dust, pump up the tires and make sure the gears shift properly.

Where to sell it? As you're in Calgary, I'd post it to the Buy and Sell section on Pinkbike along with the usual suspects (Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist/Kijiji) and check for any local cycling communities on Facebook where they allow for ads to be posted. I'd also check to see if any high-end bicycle shops offer consignment.

Good luck!